Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How's that glossy inner fairing working out for you?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013 | 11:27 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member

I guess it is piling on at this point, but my "fingers" have NEVER touched my inner fairing so I'm confused about how there would be finger prints on it? Painting inner fairings has always been a very popular thing and CVO's come that way. Never ever heard anyone complain about painted inner fairings. Meanwhile I've heard many complaints about non-painted inner fairings for various reasons.

Old 11-05-2013 | 12:50 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

so for years people have been painting the inner fairing and the moco copies the idea. or is there a difference between the 2014 and the painted inner fairing

Old 11-05-2013 | 08:42 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

I have the gloss black inner fairing on my 2010 CVO and really like it. I had to put "Back to Black" on the inner fairing of my 2008 FLHT pretty regularly to keep it from looking washed out. The painted one is much better.

Old 11-05-2013 | 09:48 AM
Nute
Road Master

I don't have a painted inner on mine. However I do have an observation or two and a question as well as I am thinking of going to a painted one.

IMO I think they make the fairing look finished. My bike is rarely parked outside, unless I'm on the road. When I'm home I park in my garage out of the sun. I average well over 10,000 miles/year. The bike is now 4 years old and I have noticed the fatory inner fairing starting to fade on the high-side (right side) from the sunlight. I have tried quite a few ideas from wax to black shoe polish to make the fade disappear to no avail. I noticed quite of few unpainted fairings show signs of fading. I was wondering if painting the fairing would solve the problem or if someone else would have a solution.

Old 11-05-2013 | 09:50 AM
Nute
Road Master

Originally Posted by JustDennis
I have the gloss black inner fairing on my 2010 CVO and really like it. I had to put "Back to Black" on the inner fairing of my 2008 FLHT pretty regularly to keep it from looking washed out. The painted one is much better.
What is "Back to Black"? I assume you were using this reduce the fading. Where does one obtain it?

Old 11-05-2013 | 10:35 AM
jl207299
Cruiser

I love my painted to match inner fairing. Its probably one of the best mods I've done on my bike and for just a touch over $200 through a super nice painter I found in GA, one of the biggest bang for the bucks move I've ever seen on a bike, truck or car in terms of appearance.

Old 11-05-2013 | 01:41 PM
CaptainKirk
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dew Me
I guess it is piling on at this point, but my "fingers" have NEVER touched my inner fairing so I'm confused about how there would be finger prints on it? Painting inner fairings has always been a very popular thing and CVO's come that way. Never ever heard anyone complain about painted inner fairings. Meanwhile I've heard many complaints about non-painted inner fairings for various reasons.
Thanks everyone. Never had a batwing so was just wondering.

Old 11-05-2013 | 02:04 PM
Ray Lloyd
Road Master
Thumbs up

To Jerry L:

Those are HD Titanium Gauges, and the bezels are made by Custom Chrome. Surprisingly, the Titanium Gauges are less than the plain black gauges, and also less than the silver gauges.

Good Luck!

-Ray

Old 11-05-2013 | 02:15 PM
mistersandman202
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CaptainKirk
I'm getting a 14 Street Glide Special in a couple of weeks. Wasn't real happy about a glossy inner fairing to get my finger prints all over.....

How are you getting along with the glossy inner fairing?

LOVE IT!
I never notice any fingerprints.... not an issue

Old 11-05-2013 | 03:14 PM
Jerry L
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Ray Lloyd
To Jerry L:

Those are HD Titanium Gauges, and the bezels are made by Custom Chrome. Surprisingly, the Titanium Gauges are less than the plain black gauges, and also less than the silver gauges.

Good Luck!

-Ray

Thanks for the info Ray. It looks great!
Jerry

Quick Reply: How's that glossy inner fairing working out for you?