Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire blow out at 75 mph 2-up...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 10:54 AM
sargek
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you are OK but I am confused - saw a couple of posts saying you "have" to run their tires. Is that because of the warranty you purchased? If not, something very wrong about that. I do not believe you can be forced to purchase specific items just to keep a warranty. Just like the "engine fails, oh you weren't running HD oil" BS.

Old 11-03-2013, 11:16 AM
14GuineaPig
Stellar HDF Member
Received 535 Likes on 460 Posts

Originally Posted by paulhog
Looks like this condition changed on 8/13. Section 2 describes the tire and wheel policy now and states that they will pay for costs to repair or replace the originally equipment or like replacement tires and wheels LESS YOUR DEDUCTIBLE.

Still a good deal!
I might be wrong, but I still think the Tire & Wheel coverage has NO deductible. I had the rear tire on my '09 replaced on 8/21/13 and did not pay any deductible. I would check with Harley Customer Service.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:01 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

I remember reading a story a while back about a guy that had a bad dealer experience I believe in Wyoming. He had almost new tires that were something other than the stock Dunlops. The HD dealer refused to put anything on except a stock Dunlop. Problem was he wouldn't put a new Dunlop with another brand tire. The owner of the bike had to remove his almost perfectly good new tire and purchase two new stock Dunlops in order to replace his one flat tire. If I remember right they wouldn't let him patch or plug his flat tire either. They were the only dealer around and they really took advantage of this guy. Of course his new tires and labor were at an inflated price. He posted on the forum to beware of this dealer which I don't blame him.So yes in his situation he did have to purchase a stock tire, make that two tires.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:30 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,529 Likes on 1,424 Posts

Originally Posted by C908
I remember reading a story a while back about a guy that had a bad dealer experience I believe in Wyoming. He had almost new tires that were something other than the stock Dunlops. The HD dealer refused to put anything on except a stock Dunlop. Problem was he wouldn't put a new Dunlop with another brand tire. The owner of the bike had to remove his almost perfectly good new tire and purchase two new stock Dunlops in order to replace his one flat tire. If I remember right they wouldn't let him patch or plug his flat tire either. They were the only dealer around and they really took advantage of this guy. Of course his new tires and labor were at an inflated price. He posted on the forum to beware of this dealer which I don't blame him.So yes in his situation he did have to purchase a stock tire, make that two tires.
That be "Chuck" from Deluxe. He is still flamed daily.
$50 deductable must have started after a certain date. My tire and wheel deductable is still zero (Purchased in '11).
They told me if I went with a simular tire, I would still be covered, but they will go back with a Dunlop - which could put you in a "Chuck sized mess".
OP, glad you and yours are OK.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:40 PM
PauleyB
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear that you and the wife were not hurt and that the only damage was the flat tire. Good on ya!

Old 11-03-2013, 10:48 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

That had to be scary. I hope to never find out personally.