Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not happy with HD after 30 years

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 07:27 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow
Why don't all of you whiners get together, give each other a big hug and have a good cry.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:46 PM
Rootro
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghosteh
^^ This

Never be the first to buy a newly designed model. Wait until they work out all the bugs.

Ideally, when you hear a manufacturer is introducing a new model, buy one of the discounted "last year's" editions.

Kudos to those guys who picked up a 2013 RoadGlide!
If nobody purchases the first model then how are the bugs going to be worked out?

Old 10-31-2013, 07:54 PM
roadrash3
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

I would trade it in for a 2013 road glide. seriously that does suck, i am glad that i dropped the hammer on a 2013 road glide and did not wait to see what the new road glide will bring when it comes out. All of the new stuff is awesome, but all of the problems that come with that new stuff blows. All minor stuff still, little cosmetic damage can all be fixed. Clutch and coolant have been known issues and will work themselves out. Sounds like you are more unhappen with the service then just the bike.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:02 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Man that really sucks about them dropping the bike, that would really make for a bad day for sure! As for the 2014 I bought mine on a Saturday and it rained Monday thru Wed and then they announced the recall and do not ride. I was very upset that I had a bike with 90 miles on it that I could not ride. Dealer had the bike fixed by the following Wed and 500 miles later I'm in love again. As far as stock HD's go this is the best bike out of the 98, 02, or 07 that I have owned.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:36 PM
BCC1
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 14FLHTK
I would like to clarify a few items for the few negative nellies who have responded. My issue is HD, not the bike. In the course of 30 years and I ridden a lot of HD including the AMF days and the 2014 Limited by far it an unbelievable ride. The fact that Corporate will not call me back and address the issue is why I am upset. Fully understand issues on a new product, but that is no excuse for the clutch, as the hydraulic clutch has been out for years. The leaking doesn't bother me, new product easy fix, although I still have to manually turn on the fans. Lack of qualify control on the clutch and badge is not acceptable. HD prides themselves on a quality product and brotherhood of riders. Right now there is no quality that I see (in my situation). Dropping of the bike happens and I was not mad at the guy who did it, it was an accident. It was just bad timing of everything else and no bike for 30 days. I ride almost everyday and have done so for many years. Again, I am pissed at HD for not taking responsibility for delivering a QC product and handling me in a timely fashion. The manager from HD has yet to call me back. Almost a full week and she has never returned a call. For this, a combination of everything that has happened has me feeling the way I do.
Great post. I have a trouble free Limited. If I had similar issues, I'd hope I'd have your perspective.

It's a great bike. I hope yours becomes trouble free when you get it back, fixed!

Old 10-31-2013, 08:40 PM
schlacker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

I would start with "take your bike back & return my money" & settle with a crap load of free upgrades, 3-5K worth.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:11 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 667 Likes on 414 Posts

The problem is Harley's, not yours. You've been through the ringer. Considering the cost of a new bagger, I'd be pissed, too.

Selling your bike means you'll lose money. On the other hand, your happiness is more important than any bike. My suggestion is to get the bike fixed, give the decision to sell more time, and then reconsider your options.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:26 PM
doc ock
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get in line. You are one of a thousand unhappy customers. Thanks for reminding me to keep my 04.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:40 PM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by carpetride
Wow
Why don't all of you whiners get together, give each other a big hug and have a good cry.
No **** just sell and go back to BMW, Honda or Victory. Your all a bunch of puss!&s!

Old 10-31-2013, 09:42 PM
Loc_Tite
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 0ldhippie
I discovered Harley cares nothing about customer service on the first oil change on my first sportster in 1990 (was always a Triumph rider). Dealer (Ventura Harley) striped the drain plug, charged me for helicoil and harley just said they did a proper fix.
Now THAT takes some ***** to hand you that bill.

Quick Reply: Not happy with HD after 30 years