Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not happy with HD after 30 years

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 12:21 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by brandon95354
its obvious to me the HD vtwinn never wanted to be water-cooled, why else would the motor keep puking out all the water? the new water-cooled bikes are rebelling by puking up all the water.
Seriously? Surprised that you would take the time to offer up something that stupid...... the post ahead or two of yours already provided the correct answer 14psi cap vs 20 psi cap. Read, process, then offer up something that is useful.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:38 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by PiedPiper
and now with punctuation....

The guys that have repeated problems with your bike need to see another dealer. If i have to keep taking something back because of the same problem over and over shame on me for not getting a second opinion!! Sorry for the guys bike that got all Fuged up but lets face it, the MoCo is not giving you a new bike. Suck it up boys, move on. The bike is going to be a great bike. I had the same problem with my 2014 limited after putting 2000 on it. I wouldn't trade it back for my 2011 limited.

Sorry - slow day at work.
I think that Steve from up North (which, incidentally is where I am) tried to articulate the same sentiment; although a little more crudely. No need to jump all over him because he's from Canada....that's offensive. To the OP, very sorry that you're having such a **** show with your new bike but trust that someone will make it right for you. Your dealer sounds like a dick and as someone already stated....you need to find a new one! Once things are ironed out; you will be VERY happy with the ride; handling; power; sound and lack of wind pounding your face and this will be nothing more than a bad memory. Hang in there bro and safe riding!

Old 10-31-2013, 12:59 PM
DavidStiebel
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Just read your post, man want a load of crap, I feel your pain. Might I suggest the legal letter noted earlier in the thread.

Many times the only thing that gets attention is the legal action, send it through a lawyer, its already costing money (accelerated vehicle devaluation due to repeated early repairs, note this along with the options list of:
1. buy back.
2. repair all at HD expense.
3. lemon law suit.

For the record, my 1200 had some issues when I bought, I had to work through the issues, now I'll keep her for the 40 years mentioned earlier in the thread. I hope you can get this under control and feel as I do, in time.

best regards,

Old 10-31-2013, 01:02 PM
14FLHTK
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I would like to clarify a few items for the few negative nellies who have responded. My issue is HD, not the bike. In the course of 30 years and I ridden a lot of HD including the AMF days and the 2014 Limited by far it an unbelievable ride. The fact that Corporate will not call me back and address the issue is why I am upset. Fully understand issues on a new product, but that is no excuse for the clutch, as the hydraulic clutch has been out for years. The leaking doesn't bother me, new product easy fix, although I still have to manually turn on the fans. Lack of qualify control on the clutch and badge is not acceptable. HD prides themselves on a quality product and brotherhood of riders. Right now there is no quality that I see (in my situation). Dropping of the bike happens and I was not mad at the guy who did it, it was an accident. It was just bad timing of everything else and no bike for 30 days. I ride almost everyday and have done so for many years. Again, I am pissed at HD for not taking responsibility for delivering a QC product and handling me in a timely fashion. The manager from HD has yet to call me back. Almost a full week and she has never returned a call. For this, a combination of everything that has happened has me feeling the way I do.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:37 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

It's just sad I like all the improvements on the 2014 touring models, but with all the troubles I've read, coolant issues, GPS unit that as very limited waypoints and a clutch something recall I wouldn't buy a 2014 model. Maybe they will figure it out next year and best of luck to the current owners. If I owned a 2014 with these various issues my non HD friends would be all over me telling me how much HD's suck and I wouldn't be able to defend the MOCO. First year second year whatever for some of us these reports will stick in our heads, the die hard who would rather walk than own anything else it really doesn't matter.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:45 PM
Just Me
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Sucks to be you! You are the minority not the majority. Did you **** God off or what?

Old 10-31-2013, 06:06 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I'd tell them to fix this bike and use it as a demo. Give me the brand new one you got coming in to be the dealerships demo.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:08 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe it's time for you to buy a Honda. Good luck!

Old 10-31-2013, 06:50 PM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sux that you have had that many problems man. The leak and clutch will get fixed, the driver dropping your bike will get fixed, they at least OWE you a loaner while you are waiting. Mine was in the shop for a week with TBW issues when it was new, dealer gave me a RG rental FREE, so it can be done. I would be raising hell until they at least did that for you. You are probably one of 100 callers who raise hell with the mothership each day, it may take some time for them to get back to you, I know it sux but try to be patient, your bike will get fixed. Good luck to you, stay safe when you do get your knees in the breeze again.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:06 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

1. STFU

2. Sell the POS

3. Get a Victory

4. Leave here immediately.

Quick Reply: Not happy with HD after 30 years