Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

13 Ultra Limited or 14 Ultra Classic???

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 05:38 AM
Sam88a
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 13 Ultra Limited or 14 Ultra Classic???

Folks, I'm deployed downrange and I've ordered a 14 UC already. I bumped into the sales guy today at lunch and he tells me the 13s now have incentives available for us that it makes a 13 Limited a little cheaper than the 14 I ordered.

The 14 limited was out of my budget period and while that's the one I really wanted, I don't go over budget period. So I got the UC with all upgrades.

So, now I'm trying to figure out which one to go with?? Thanks for any opinions?

Duty First!

Sam

Old 10-27-2013, 05:58 AM
davesnhere
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sam88a
Folks, I'm deployed downrange and I've ordered a 14 UC already. I bumped into the sales guy today at lunch and he tells me the 13s now have incentives available for us that it makes a 13 Limited a little cheaper than the 14 I ordered.

The 14 limited was out of my budget period and while that's the one I really wanted, I don't go over budget period. So I got the UC with all upgrades.

So, now I'm trying to figure out which one to go with?? Thanks for any opinions?

Duty First!

Sam
First…Thanks for your service…2nd…Go for the 14… Unless your getting an offer you can't refuse on the 13.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:12 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 13 Limited and while it's the nicest bike I've ever owned I'd be hard pressed not to go for a 14 classic.The classic has most of the cool improvements of the Limited without the problematic "waterhead".Then again what is the price difference?

Old 10-27-2013, 06:21 AM
VineRider
Cruiser

Me personally, I'd go for the 13 limited. No CB on the ultra classic would be enough for me to go with the limited. Personal preference but that's my thoughts

Old 10-27-2013, 07:16 AM
Sam88a
Intermediate

As far as the price goes, the Limited is $200 more bottom line, but there is a $1,000 dealer debit card that can only be used at the dealer for whatever on the 13 as an incentive.

The CB option on the 14 is a consideration, but I can add it to the 14.

Special Ed, I really appreciate your perspective since you have a 13 LTD. I'm leaning toward the 14, I just wanted a LTD in the first place and couldn't swing the 14 so the salesman is messing with my emotions here!!!! GRRRRR.

I appreciate all the opinions.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:28 AM
magazine
Cruiser

You did right. No way I'd get a 13 limited over a 14 Classic.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:28 AM
richie
Cruiser
Red face

Originally Posted by Sam88a
As far as the price goes, the Limited is $200 more bottom line, but there is a $1,000 dealer debit card that can only be used at the dealer for whatever on the 13 as an incentive.

The CB option on the 14 is a consideration, but I can add it to the 14.

Special Ed, I really appreciate your perspective since you have a 13 LTD. I'm leaning toward the 14, I just wanted a LTD in the first place and couldn't swing the 14 so the salesman is messing with my emotions here!!!! GRRRRR.

I appreciate all the opinions.
Titanium gauges, heated grips(the best) and Chrome wheels also on the LTD. A friend of mine has an Ultra I have a Limited, he is always complaining about having to clean the aluminum wheels and not having warm hands. I love my LTD for those 2 features alone.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:32 AM
Sam88a
Intermediate

The UC is $23,274 plus TT&L. That includes security system and 6.5 info Vivid Black

The extended warranty is $1,474 which is for the 5 yr. That's another thing I'm not sure about either way.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:45 AM
Sam88a
Intermediate

Originally Posted by richie
Titanium gauges, heated grips(the best) and Chrome wheels also on the LTD. A friend of mine has an Ultra I have a Limited, he is always complaining about having to clean the aluminum wheels and not having warm hands. I love my LTD for those 2 features alone.

It's these things that made me want the LTD in the first place, the LTD has the little touches that really make it a nice ride. The grips I'm already planning on addressing when I put on the monkey bars. The wheels however wil be stock for a long time.

I know when comparing the UC 13-14 the upgrades for the 14 made it a no brainer, espescially since I wasn't considering the version with water, although I think that's drastically blown out of perportion.

The LTD though is a different story and definitely makes it a harder decision. I'll probably stick with the 14 for mech upgrades and upgrade it along the way address the LTD features I missed out on. 12" Yaffe monkey bars are being ordered for christmas, I take delivery in March when i get home so they'll be waiting to put on the bike either way.

Again, thanks for all the input, I appreciate all the different considerations that you guys bring to the conversation.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:52 AM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

i have a 2013 limited and absolutely love it. had it over a year now with almost 18000 on it. right after i ponied up and got a stage one, the 14's hit the floor. i was almost persuaded to get a new one. a lot of extras on the 14's more for creature comfort than performance. while we have references of 14 limiteds having problems, i don't recall anything on the UC other than a generic clutch recall for all the new ones with that type of clutch. while either one would be great, i think i too would go for the 14 in this case. you'd probably be kicking yourself in the butt if you didn't.

Quick Reply: 13 Ultra Limited or 14 Ultra Classic???