Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Your Local Dealer Good Or Bad???

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013 | 05:59 PM
Kilokato
|
Tourer
Default Is Your Local Dealer Good Or Bad???

So I've noticed most folks say "my dealer" or "the local dealer" instead of Knoxville Harley or Smoky Mountain Harley (or insert the name of any dealership) when they mention good or bad things...Is it taboo to tell people about better dealerships and warn them about one's that don't deal or are not as good? Just wondering.....Any opinions???

Old 10-23-2013 | 06:09 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Old 10-23-2013 | 06:10 PM
Gliden
Club Member

Originally Posted by Kilokato
So I've noticed most folks say "my dealer" or "the local dealer" instead of Knoxville Harley or Smoky Mountain Harley (or insert the name of any dealership) when they mention good or bad things...Is it taboo to tell people about better dealerships and warn them about one's that don't deal or are not as good? Just wondering.....Any opinions???
I went to a large harley dealer that was in tenn that had a large smoke house outside and sold beer and food and had a band and fixed my buddies bike on the spot when his shifter spring broke. Took 4 hours but that place was crazy cool.

Old 10-23-2013 | 06:11 PM
Dead Center Cycles
Former Sponsor

Interesting question! I'm totally spit balling here......Maybe it's that it becomes a pretty small world when you're an active rider. In other words, you might hate the service you got at "your local" dealer, but you loved the sales guy, your buddy happens to be friends with the motor clothes manager and you take advantage of Taco Thursday now and again. You might mention your bad experience without mentioning the actual dealer to protect your relationships with those tied to the business.

Just a thought.

Old 10-23-2013 | 06:15 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member

Interesting post. Sometimes one person will say a certain dealership is "Great" while another will say it "Sucks".

It is the same dealership, just a different customer.

Maybe it depends on how high your expectations are.

Old 10-23-2013 | 06:57 PM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member

i live within 50 miles of three dealers. I would not take my bike to anyone of them for routine work. As the three dealers, have a wait until it breaks and then we will fix it attitude. For all routine service I do it myself and keep my receipts and have a log of what was done.

However, for ESP work, i have little to no choice which sucks.

Old 10-23-2013 | 07:09 PM
bagga
Elite HDF Member

the only money i spend at the local dealer is on parts i need, key word here is "need". i don't have any opinion on if they suck or not because they don't get the chance to screw me or not screw me.

Old 10-23-2013 | 08:04 PM
fissco1234
Road Master

The local dealership always has opportunities to save a few bucks on parts and accessories, with 20% coupons that are good for a couple months, in addition to weekly specials. Being a building tradesman, when the owners built the new dealership using only local contractors. I maintain my own bike to the best of my ability, but the limited experience I've had with the service department has been positive. The point I'm trying make is that in this Walmart world in which we live, Hot Rod Harley Davidson in Muskegon, Michigan gives back to the local community. I put a very high value on that.

Old 10-23-2013 | 08:13 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dead Center Cycles
Interesting question! I'm totally spit balling here......Maybe it's that it becomes a pretty small world when you're an active rider. In other words, you might hate the service you got at "your local" dealer, but you loved the sales guy, your buddy happens to be friends with the motor clothes manager and you take advantage of Taco Thursday now and again. You might mention your bad experience without mentioning the actual dealer to protect your relationships with those tied to the business.

Just a thought.

Good Post !

Old 10-23-2013 | 08:51 PM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member

Near Buffalo NY, I've done business with Buffalo, Southtowns, American, Stans, Gowanda, and Jamestown and have never had a bad experience at any of them

Quick Reply: Is Your Local Dealer Good Or Bad???