Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Your Local Dealer Good Or Bad???

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013 | 10:35 AM
Dyno Don
Cruiser
Default Limited Experience

I am a new Harley Owner. I have dealt with three dealerships all within a 140 mile distance. I have had no interaction with the shop folks but have already been told by owners with very strong opinions on which to trust when shop services are needed.
I can tell you that I bought my Bike out of Hayden Idaho and dealt with Lone Wolf Harley in Spokane regarding service records etc. They were wonderful and friendly people to supply all information about this machine that was originally bought and maintained by their shop since new. They supplied the above knowing I was likely not going to be a customer on a regular basis. The previous owners loved this dealership and frankly I can see why. They were very helpful.
The Second is Owens Harley in Yakima WA. Candice in the parts department is wonderful to deal with...a definite asset to the business.
The Third is Rattle Snake Mountain Harley in Kennewick WA. The parts guys are friendly and bend over backwards to find the parts requested....even after market ones of unknown origin. Charley and Pit work overtime to give you good service.
If someday I need the service department or mechanics, which is not real likely, I will tend to listen to those who have used their services and hopefully make a wise choice. I will do my homework.
Thanks to all the above for a pleasant introduction to the Harley Experience. I hope this information helps someone in my area.

Old 10-24-2013 | 11:24 AM
Keeper01
Tourer

I've always had a good relationship with my dealer, Bakersfield Harley Davidson. They seem to actually care about their customers and make it a point to greet you by name when you come in. There have been times when they have gone above and beyond in helping me when I've had issues with my bikes over the years.

Old 10-24-2013 | 02:26 PM
LeadSSled
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Kilokato
So I've noticed most folks say "my dealer" or "the local dealer" instead of Knoxville Harley or Smoky Mountain Harley (or insert the name of any dealership) when they mention good or bad things...Is it taboo to tell people about better dealerships and warn them about one's that don't deal or are not as good? Just wondering.....Any opinions???
My 2 cents: I live in Knoxville, maybe 15 minutes from Knoxville HD West, and I work maybe 10 minutes at the most from Knoxville HD North. I pass at least one of them every work day. But I don't spend any money there. The few times that I've been in either one of them, I felt like they were doing me a favor letting me shop there. I've never felt that they were "my dealer".

However, I live 25 miles/35 minutes from Smoky Mountain HD in Maryville. I've never had a bad experience there and am treated like I am welcome whether I am buying that day or not. I enjoy going there for some live music, BBQ, and cold beverages and they get all of my local dealer business. I have referred to them as "my dealer" before because I feel like I am welcome there and am treated like they value and appreciate my business.. My out-of-state biker friends that have visited all have told me that they wished their local dealer was more like SMH-D. I am glad to be close-by.

Originally Posted by Gliden
I went to a large harley dealer that was in tenn that had a large smoke house outside and sold beer and food and had a band and fixed my buddies bike on the spot when his shifter spring broke. Took 4 hours but that place was crazy cool.
You have got to be talking about Smoky Mountain HD in Maryville. Stinkers BBQ and "The Shed" for live music. They are very customer oriented and keep mechanics on staff every weekend to help out-of-the-area riders if they have trouble while riding in the area. Many other dealers across the country would have you leave your bike and call them on Monday. Not SMH-D.

www.smh-d.com

Yeah, I like them.

Old 10-24-2013 | 04:37 PM
Fat King
Advanced

My local dealer sucks! They don't even ride. Motorcycles aren't there passion it just happens to be what they sell.