Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CCE triple clamp and Progressive monoshock impressions

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 11:22 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,865 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rhombus
Thanks. Good points. I'm certain the issue is not the triple tree. I've just got this sinking feeling the indie didn't install it correctly. Probably didn't order the special caps. THanks again.
I had a long chat with Rick, from across the pond, and they can deal with a wide variety of alternative set-ups, including different fork end caps. So it is important to talk things through with him to make sure we get the parts we actually need!

Old 01-14-2014, 08:14 PM
mstng5point0
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Dont want to hijack the tread but what is the lenght of the longer fork tubes? I have access to a set off an 09 night train that from what i can find are 24 1/4" long. Wondering if they would work to save some money to add the cce. What would happen if you reused the stock tubes? Could it be used to lower the front?

Last edited by mstng5point0; 01-14-2014 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:24 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 563 Likes on 394 Posts

The CCE kit comes with new tubes an I don't think they would seek you just the trees from a liability point.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:56 PM
Rhombus
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Triple Trees

I've been traveling and needed to update this. I did FINALLY figure out what the indie did to my bike. Against my constant warnings, they put in the lowering Progressive Monotubes, and still tried to my the bike stock ride height. So, correct Progressives are on the way.

Rick and Kristine at CCE have gone above and beyond to help me. Their service and concern and exemplary. Anyone wanting to buy their products should have NO concern with support. This really wasn't their issue at all, yet they took the time to help me ensure I got the correct setup on my bike so I can enjoy the full benefits of their product. Rock solid in my book.

Thanks.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:14 PM
FLYER
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhombus
I've been traveling and needed to update this. I did FINALLY figure out what the indie did to my bike. Against my constant warnings, they put in the lowering Progressive Monotubes, and still tried to my the bike stock ride height. So, correct Progressives are on the way.

Rick and Kristine at CCE have gone above and beyond to help me. Their service and concern and exemplary. Anyone wanting to buy their products should have NO concern with support. This really wasn't their issue at all, yet they took the time to help me ensure I got the correct setup on my bike so I can enjoy the full benefits of their product. Rock solid in my book.

Thanks.
Yea!!!

Old 03-09-2014, 05:29 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Finally got the chance to road test this combination in my bike yesterday.

I concur with Flyer's assessment, it's an awesome combination. The front end is rock-solid and is finally performing as well as the JRI-equipped rear end.

If you like hitting the corners hard, this is a must-have upgrade.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:36 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The CCE kit sounds appealing.

Regrettably, niether CCE or Traxxion Dynamics can confirm if their kits are compatible.

I wish these companies would communicate with each other, and give some definitive answers.

Old 03-10-2014, 07:08 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by drspencer
The CCE kit sounds appealing.

Regrettably, niether CCE or Traxxion Dynamics can confirm if their kits are compatible.

I wish these companies would communicate with each other, and give some definitive answers.
That would be nice to have, but is asking a bit much IMHO! They are both small firms making a single product for a small market (relative to total H-D sales). Unless we all suddenly start buying both kits in significant numbers, it is difficult to see what benefit either firm would gain.

If you consider what a penny pinching, tunnel vision inflicted lot most members are when it comes to the subject of changing rear shocks, I don't see as anything other than very rare those owners prepared to shell out a total of around $2,500 on upgrading their forks! Think of all the bling and tat that can buy.

If you search HDF you will find this thread is one of only eight in the six years since 2008 on CCE fork kits and three of them were born this year. We need a volunteer to pioneer the integration of both products..........

Old 03-10-2014, 04:05 PM
FLYER
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah, GR, I searched a lot of other forums with very little info on the CCE. After talking to Rick at CCE he gave his word I would be pleased with the results and I tried it. Its nice to see others starting to post on the experiences to validate my enthusiasm. I've got quite a few miles on a 14 now and my 09 with the CCE is just as delightful.

Just waiting for you to get yours on and start inputing your observations.

I will say this, I think the CCE kit is a foundational starting place for the front end.

Old 03-10-2014, 04:30 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Thumbs up

I agree entirely about the foundations for the front end. On my ole 1990 Glide, owned from new, HDF has had quite a radical affect on it's development! I have a 2007 swingarm with Ohlins shocks at the rear, plus a True-Track kit, as my rear end foundations. They just showed up the front for what it is, although I only belatedly decided to take the plunge with CCE, shortly after rebuilding my forks with the springs and Intiminators mentioned earlier. Suffering from back problems at present, so waiting until I can safely tackle the rebuild.

Quick Reply: CCE triple clamp and Progressive monoshock impressions