Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock seat rk flhr, how do you like it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 09:32 PM
rvnkontum
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinman265
Had my stock FLHTK seat "reworked" by MCC and was disappointed. Bought a hammock and my butt loves it! MCC did rework it again and it was better but just not for me so I am not knocking them at all. Very good customer service....
I had a hammock on my '10 Limited, but I use a backrest, and the description for the new hammock says you can't use a backrest with it, do you know that to be true?

Old 10-21-2013, 09:37 PM
rvnkontum
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CajunGlide03
I think you will be happy with the '13 RK stock seat comfort-wise.

I liked mine just fine for comfort but found it set me a little bit high so got the HD Solo Touring Seat, which moved me lower and a little farther to the rear. In future, I will probably go back and forth between the two depending on the riding situation.

Good luck with yours!
That's what I was afraid of,your message seems to indicate that this seat would move me forward, that's the problem I have with the stock seat on my '14 Limited, maybe I should have shopped around for an earlier year. It looks like the seats offered before '13 or '12 didn't move you forward, perhaps what I need is an '09, '10 or '11. I guess I'll find out when the seat gets here, If it doesn't work, I'll try to sell it and look for an older seat starting with an '09.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Tinman265
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rvnkontum
I had a hammock on my '10 Limited, but I use a backrest, and the description for the new hammock says you can't use a backrest with it, do you know that to be true?
I have no problems with my 2011 with the non adjustable back rest pushing on the seat slot. My neighbor with his 2003 King has the hammock with the cable adjustable on the fly back rest and the mount had to be moved and a "kick or offset" had to be put in the backrest upright to get it to not push on the seat slot. How it pushed on the seat caused lump to push in his lower back and be uncomfortable.