Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower Fairings

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013 | 10:27 AM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior

Yup, that time of year. Got quick connects which is really a joke cause I take a large screw drive and really tighten. But temp was down to 37º when I left to go on a PGR mission yesterday. So not only lowers back on but out came the electric gear as well. Darn sure didn't need it that afternoon though. Got down right warm.

Old 10-21-2013 | 10:32 AM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by big block
2014 guys cant take theirs off. Right? Anyway I like the wind in the summer and their easy to R&R.
Only on the twin-cooled Limited, CVO and Trike. The Ultra Cl , street glides and road kings can have lowers on and off

Old 10-21-2013 | 10:49 AM
austinslider
Road Warrior

What's the quality on the lower fairings on Ebay? Debating between those and an HD set.

Old 10-21-2013 | 11:11 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by austinslider
What's the quality on the lower fairings on Ebay? Debating between those and an HD set.
"Ultranutz" posted a great article on the E-Bay lowers ... Fit, Finish etc. ... do a search and I think you'll be impressed ( for the money, especially if you have a Black scooter )

Old 10-21-2013 | 12:25 PM
BuffaloBill
Intermediate
Thumbs up

2014 guys cant take theirs off. Right? Anyway I like the wind in the summer and their easy to R&R.
Just on the Ultra limited water cooled heads

Old 10-21-2013 | 12:28 PM
firedocs
Cruiser
Default HD Lowers

I have searched and searched Ebay for lowers over the past month or so. I was just hesitant because they all LOOK the same but they all COST so much different??? I know that the Hong Kong ones will cost a load to ship...However during my search I found an OEM set of lowers off of a 2005 UC for sale, picked them up for 220.00 and they are fabulous. I have a Vivid Black SG so I wet sanded and painted with GOOD paint..I love them and the best thing is that they are Harley. I cant wait to try them out.

Tim

Attached Thumbnails Lower Fairings-lowers.jpg  
Old 10-21-2013 | 12:36 PM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member

First time riding with them on my newly acquired 06 Ultra. Love the extra storage for stuff and the dry pant legs! What do you guys use the pouches for?

Old 10-21-2013 | 01:52 PM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member

I've had mine on for a few weeks now.
Originally Posted by howitzer88
What do you guys use the pouches for?
For the cooler months, I use the storage for half and full mask, extra glasses, waterproof gloves and a cargo net.

Attached Thumbnails Lower Fairings-lowers1.jpg   Lower Fairings-lowers2.jpg  
Old 10-21-2013 | 02:16 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
I just ordered a set of the cheap Ebay ones. Should have them this week. I never rode with real lowers before, so I am hoping they do the trick fro keeping me warm in the cold temps.I have the soft lowers that do a good job, but I wanted a more permanent fixture.
It was interesting when I first put my lowers on. It was 60 degree day and the change seemed subtle at first. However, my legs never got cold as I know they would have without the lowers. The more I rode with them, the more I liked them for both looks and feel. In fact, I also notice a lot less fatigue with them. My only complaint about mine is that sometimes the vents close at highway speeds.

Beary

Old 10-21-2013 | 03:46 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

only the limited, and the cvo limited (and tri glide) are twin cooled. the other guys should be able to remove theirs no problem. (edit-i see that several others have already responded with this..... sorry)

i like to leave mine on in the summer as well, but to get a little more wind, i remove the vent doors. even fully open, they do block a good bit of wind.

Last edited by skratch; 10-21-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Lower Fairings