Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My belated northeast trip thread..

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 07:47 PM
MarcV125
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My belated northeast trip thread..

Well i am a couple of months late but at the end of August i decided to take a vaca to wherever in the northeast, no real plan except for the first day to go to Lake George Ny to have the Traxxion AK-20 front end installed to finally get a good handling front end. If anyone is wondering Marc Connelly is an authorized installer of Traxxion suspension in the northeast and did a great job. http://www.adkmc.com/index.php?optio...id=4&Itemid=40
Anyways, the next day i decided to head to Niagra Falls. Amazing sight to see. A must too see once in your life i think, not to mention on the Canadian side is amazing night life. The next day i decided to head back east and head to New Hampshire. I have wanted to ride up Mt Washington and that is what i did. I arrived bright and early at 8:30 to sunny sky's. When i reached the top nothing but fog lol..But it was still worth it. Then for the rest of the week, i decided to ride Vermont. The Killington classic was that weekend, so i stayed from Friday to Sunday and rode everywhere i could. As you can tell i am not much of an author but i think pictures speak better than words. God i love riding!

Lake George

Not only did i get the Ak-20 put in, but i might as well get the chrome front end installed at the same time

It hard to see the volume of water that is moving, but it really is amazing

Fun place to eat on the Canadian side

Mt Washington 3000 feet

6000 ft

Just some of the hundreds of pictures i took

Old 10-17-2013, 08:25 PM
MarcV125
Tourer

Thank you Best Western!

Old 10-17-2013, 08:28 PM
RK_2014
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice - been to Niagara myself and you did a great job capturing it

Thanks for sharing

Old 10-17-2013, 09:38 PM
PackersShirt
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Great post--thanks. Buddy from CA is threatening to ship his bike here to KS next year and ride to the East Coast with me!

Old 10-17-2013, 10:37 PM
blackflame
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I tell you i'm debating on doing the Mt Washington rd. But damn there are some scary curves and whatnot for a bike. Thumbs up to you for riding it.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:51 PM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice pics

Old 10-17-2013, 11:14 PM
mccstevie
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pics and bike Marv. I saw Lake George this year also but hit alot of other places including Lake Placid and the Finger Lakes. Been to the Falls numerous times but it never gets boring. I went to New England 2 summers ago and rode Mt. Washington also but didn't have the sunny skies or the fog.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:01 AM
MarcV125
Tourer

Originally Posted by blackflame
I tell you i'm debating on doing the Mt Washington rd. But damn there are some scary curves and whatnot for a bike. Thumbs up to you for riding it.
There were a couple parts that could be considered "hairy" but for the most part it was a easy ride. The hard packed dirt was a little uneasy feeling at first especially being damp towards the top, and then there was a curve that was pretty tight.. But just take it slow and youll be fine. Its something you have to do!

Old 10-18-2013, 08:05 AM
bobgv
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great pics and thanks for posting. Just an FYI another place worth seeing in upstate New York is the Adirondak Mountain region and the 1000 islands, Alexandria Bay. I was at the NYS Hog rally and it was absolutely beautiful up there. Took us 12 hrs from NYC going thru the Catskills and Adirondak mountains. Worth the trip.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:18 AM
MarcV125
Tourer

Originally Posted by bobgv
Great pics and thanks for posting. Just an FYI another place worth seeing in upstate New York is the Adirondak Mountain region and the 1000 islands, Alexandria Bay. I was at the NYS Hog rally and it was absolutely beautiful up there. Took us 12 hrs from NYC going thru the Catskills and Adirondak mountains. Worth the trip.
We go through the Adirondacks almost every year. Its some of the best riding there is in the Northeast. Ive never been to Alexandria Bay region but im always up for something different, thx for the recommendation.

Quick Reply: My belated northeast trip thread..