Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Why Buy a 2014
Water Cooled
27.78%
Touch Screen
32.22%
Cause it has no miles
35.56%
Would never own a water cooled Harley w/Touch Screen
31.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Official 2014 Recall thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013 | 10:48 PM
pswomack
Road Master

On Harley's website I read mine is under the recall, like stated above it says I might have to pay for this service, BS bike has 2300 miles on it and it's their F' UP, I will not pay to have this fixed!

MILWAUKEE — Harley-Davidson is voluntarily recalling some 2014 motorcycle models because of a possible safety issue.

The Milwaukee-based company says the recall of about 29,000 bikes includes a "Do Not Ride" notice to owners and a "Do Not Deliver" notice to dealers until the motorcycle is fixed.

Harley-Davidson says the hydraulic clutch system in some of the motorcycles might not disengage the clutch, making it hard to slow or stop.

Owners of affected motorcycles should arrange an inspection with an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer. The dealer will pick up, inspect and make the repairs at no cost.

The recalls affect Touring motorcycles models FLHTCU, FLHTK, FLHTP, FLHX, FLHXS, FLHTKSE and FLHRSE, plus Softail CVOs and Trikes, models FLHTCUTG, FXSBSE and FLSTNSE, built between May 3, 2013, and Oct. 14, 2013.

Last edited by pswomack; 10-16-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-16-2013 | 10:50 PM
hogowner69
Road Master

Guess I am a bit lucky.....I ordered my SG Special a few weeks ago.....not going to be shipped until Nov. 1st......guess the bike will have the new parts put on....so I don't have to worry about the recall

Old 10-16-2013 | 10:53 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

The recall came out after 6PM central, which is 7pm eastern.

Nobody drove to each dealer and told them "hey, don't deliver a bike..."

It is on their system, and they will find it. I assure you they didn't do it to **** anyone off.

The cynicism around here gets sickening sometimes.

Old 10-16-2013 | 11:07 PM
TwinCooled
Banned

Originally Posted by pswomack
On Harley's website I read mine is under the recall, like stated above it says I might have to pay for this service, BS bike has 2300 miles on it and it's their F' UP, I will not pay to have this fixed!

MILWAUKEE — Harley-Davidson is voluntarily recalling some 2014 motorcycle models because of a possible safety issue.

The Milwaukee-based company says the recall of about 29,000 bikes includes a "Do Not Ride" notice to owners and a "Do Not Deliver" notice to dealers until the motorcycle is fixed.

Harley-Davidson says the hydraulic clutch system in some of the motorcycles might not disengage the clutch, making it hard to slow or stop.

Owners of affected motorcycles should arrange an inspection with an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer. The dealer will pick up, inspect and make the repairs at no cost.

The recalls affect Touring motorcycles models FLHTCU, FLHTK, FLHTP, FLHX, FLHXS, FLHTKSE and FLHRSE, plus Softail CVOs and Trikes, models FLHTCUTG, FXSBSE and FLSTNSE, built between May 3, 2013, and Oct. 14, 2013.
Relax, that's a CYA legal thing, you won't have to pay, nor will I.

Old 10-16-2013 | 11:14 PM
F34R
Tourer

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
The recall came out after 6PM central, which is 7pm eastern.

Nobody drove to each dealer and told them "hey, don't deliver a bike..."

It is on their system, and they will find it. I assure you they didn't do it to **** anyone off.

The cynicism around here gets sickening sometimes.
You're right. I came off a little too bitchy lol. Reading your other reply in my thread, I'm set straight. I'll double check before I jump the gun.

Old 10-16-2013 | 11:36 PM
Hausguy
Road Master

I believe a few heads will roll over the release of the 2014 line. Too many problems sounds like. Good luck guys.

Old 10-16-2013 | 11:36 PM
Smokee
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sc0-
Can anyone confirm if these parts are brand new to the 2014 model or the same components that have been used for the last few years?
Read the Moco statement posted a little further down. The way I take it is that some incorrect parts were installed. If that's true, It makes me feel a little better knowing it's not a parts "defect" but a human "f***up".

Old 10-16-2013 | 11:43 PM
lowend73
Tourer
Veteran: Navy

Glad I have tomorrow off. Going to be there bright and early to drop the bike off. Hopefully they will give me a loaner until the problem is fixed.

Old 10-16-2013 | 11:45 PM
the warden
Road Captain

So I have a '13 CVO Breakout that was built in mid June 13. The recall notice is specific about it being the '14s with a build date of May until basically now. I checked my serial # and the recall doesn't come up for my bike. Am I to believe that a '13 that was built at the same time as the '14s affected by the recall isn't defective. I don't think so! I see an argument with HD tomorrow on this one.

Old 10-16-2013 | 11:50 PM
F34R
Tourer

Originally Posted by the warden
So I have a '13 CVO Breakout that was built in mid June 13. The recall notice is specific about it being the '14s with a build date of May until basically now. I checked my serial # and the recall doesn't come up for my bike. Am I to believe that a '13 that was built at the same time as the '14s affected by the recall isn't defective. I don't think so! I see an argument with HD tomorrow on this one.
How do you check the vin/serial #?

Quick Reply: Official 2014 Recall thread