Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Why Buy a 2014
Water Cooled
27.78%
Touch Screen
32.22%
Cause it has no miles
35.56%
Would never own a water cooled Harley w/Touch Screen
31.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Official 2014 Recall thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2013 | 04:46 PM
George Robinson
Stage II

i was in stop in go traffic. noticed when i was releasing the clutch it was not coming back up fully and was getting easier and easier to pull. with in about 2 mins of that happening it was completely limp and locked in gear had to kill the engine to stop.

the bike is in the shop right now waiting for parts. when i asked the dealer what happend they said it was similar to the recall issue but not the same failure... to me it sounds a little off.

Last edited by George Robinson; 12-20-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-20-2013 | 06:07 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master

I don't think they really did the recall fix. Mine failed after 800 miles. 3,000 miles after the fix no problems. Love this bike now. Don't worry they will get it right.

Old 12-21-2013 | 08:42 PM
TimLScheffer
Road Captain

I received a call from the dealer... they said it was not a recall but it was a only a service bulletin??? Is is a recall?
Originally Posted by DocO
Just got my recall for the filler neck on my FLHTK.. first I've heard that they finally did a recall in it!!

Old 12-21-2013 | 08:49 PM
Boltsfaninmo
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TimLScheffer
I received a call from the dealer... they said it was not a recall but it was a only a service bulletin??? Is is a recall?
Not a recall.

Old 12-22-2013 | 08:01 AM
DocO
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TimLScheffer
Not really sure what the difference is then. I just assumed that the dealer calls.. says they have to replace a faulty part on the bike at no charge.. my brain translates that as a recall. Whatever it is, I had it done yesterday along with the clutch recall. Took them about an hour.

Found another use for the Infotainment system while I was there too. I was sitting in the lounge surfing on my phone. I could hear a bike ride up out front (no windows in the lounge) and my phone popped up "bluetooth connected". It was my bike.. the service guy had just pulled it around.

Old 12-22-2013 | 08:08 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member

Found another use for the Infotainment system while I was there too. I was sitting in the lounge surfing on my phone. I could hear a bike ride up out front (no windows in the lounge) and my phone popped up "bluetooth connected". It was my bike.. the service guy had just pulled it around. [/quote]

So if you misplace your H.D. somewhere, you can wonder around staring at your phone until it pops showing "Bluetooth Connected" and your almost there... Good to know!! Of course that is only if you left the IGN on.. Flawed already. But if someone steals it, you can ride around doing the same, plus you will hear it go by... Good to know!!!!

Sorry I could not resist

Old 01-10-2014 | 03:17 PM
SAFTFIRST
Cruiser

Today I received the moco letter about the 0916 "non safety" coolant neck replacement. I made appt for TUE. Funny thing is, my entire system was already replaced. We shall see. Jeez.

Old 01-10-2014 | 03:25 PM
mgibson61611
Tourer

Originally Posted by SAFTFIRST
Today I received the moco letter about the 0916 "non safety" coolant neck replacement. I made appt for TUE. Funny thing is, my entire system was already replaced. We shall see. Jeez.
Hey Jim!

I'd expect the warranty & service letter/program systems aren't linked. So it still thinks you need the "program work" done.

BTW, my coolant leak is fixed for good (see sig)

Cheers

Old 01-10-2014 | 04:21 PM
SAFTFIRST
Cruiser

G T K !!! Yeah, I'm like everyone else that thought it was all good -- just a PITA to have them meddle around in there again; like dynamite, every time you touch it something bad can happen!!! L O L -- will keep u informed.

Originally Posted by mgibson61611
Hey Jim!

I'd expect the warranty & service letter/program systems aren't linked. So it still thinks you need the "program work" done.

BTW, my coolant leak is fixed for good (see sig)

Cheers

Old 01-10-2014 | 09:35 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

I got my "non-recall" recall notice in the mail today about the filler neck. 2 more inches if snow this AM, so I'm not going anywhere soon on the bike.

Quick Reply: Official 2014 Recall thread