Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Why Buy a 2014
Water Cooled
27.78%
Touch Screen
32.22%
Cause it has no miles
35.56%
Would never own a water cooled Harley w/Touch Screen
31.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Official 2014 Recall thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013 | 02:53 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter

Clutch plate on mine was the right one (with the roller bearing) and the dealer did a rebuild on the master cylinder. All is good. Turnaround time was 1 day!

Old 11-06-2013 | 12:54 PM
JoeFLHX
Tourer

Clutch was not disengaging because of clutch lever wrap. Clearance/tolerances are that close, that leather wrap prevent lever from fully being squeezed.

Last edited by JoeFLHX; 11-06-2013 at 09:16 PM. Reason: uppdate
Old 11-07-2013 | 04:57 PM
jcornett
Novice

Originally Posted by Kesean
8/13 for mine so I'll be taking it in.
nice looking bike

Old 11-17-2013 | 05:05 PM
timmy1
Stage IV
Default Technical Bulletin's

I wonder if there is a way for a customer to track Tech Bulletin's on any specific models to make sure they don't end up paying for repairs after their warranty expires that Corporate doesn't recall but they are aware are deficient.

Old 11-17-2013 | 08:19 PM
texaswiz
Banned

To the best of my knowledge, this is the way it works: Tech bulletins, or (service bulletins), are not printed out on paper and forwarded to the dealer, ala the old days. In the modern digital world, tech bulletins are put up on the MOCO's private web site for technicians to look at. That does not mean that they actually take the time to go through them and make notes however. It has been my experience that unless a customer brings a bike in and tells the service writer or the mechanic that there is a service bulletin out for their particular bike, they are usually not aware of the problem until somebody calls it to their attention. There are a few Harley forums out there who have in the past been good sources of the tech service bulletins. Again, to the best of my knowledge the only way those bulletins are put into the public domain is if some dealership employee prints them out forwards them to one of the Harley forums. Service bulletins are usually done at no cost to the owner if the bike is returned to a dealer before their 24 month warranty has expired. After that it is pretty much xin loy manoy.

Since the MOCO has all the Vin numbers they could easily notify owners of tech bulletins via e-mail if they wanted to. Clearly they do not see that as their responsibility. When there is a "recall" on vehicles, that is Federal and they are obligated by law to inform the original owners via printed letter of the recall and instruct them to take the vehicle in for service. There are a few dealers out there who are on top of things and will actually go through their records and notify their customers who own bikes that have service bulletins issued and ask them to bring them in so they can service them. Those dealers are in the minority.

Old 12-14-2013 | 06:29 PM
Petesflht
Banned
Default Glycol Filler Recall

Got my recall notice for the filler tube....

Old 12-14-2013 | 06:35 PM
Boltsfaninmo
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Petesflht
Got my recall notice for the filler tube....
Does it actually use the word "recall?" Or is it just them telling you there is a "program?"

Old 12-15-2013 | 09:44 AM
Petesflht
Banned

Originally Posted by Boltsfaninmo
Does it actually use the word "recall?" Or is it just them telling you there is a "program?"
Your correct.. "Product Program 0916". They recommend this no charge upgrade... It smells like a recall, it looks like a recall, go ahead and taste it... Kinda figured there might be a couple of gremlins... It's all good...

Old 12-15-2013 | 09:47 AM
Boltsfaninmo
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Petesflht
Your correct.. "Product Program 0916". They recommend this no charge upgrade... It smells like a recall, it looks like a recall, go ahead and taste it... Kinda figured there might be a couple of gremlins... It's all good...
Yeah, I'll definitely taste it. Like to get rid of all the gremlins.

Old 12-15-2013 | 12:29 PM
sfvas
Advanced
Default Would you wait to buy a 2014 StreetGlide?

I guess with any new model, especially with such a big overhaul recalls are normal - but from what I understand there has been one brake system recall, clutch recall, and on the trikes a steering recall. Would you say that later in 2014 most of the items be ironed out? Would you wait until 2015 so you are not getting a product in the 1st year the change has been introduced?

Quick Reply: Official 2014 Recall thread