Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Why Buy a 2014
Water Cooled
27.78%
Touch Screen
32.22%
Cause it has no miles
35.56%
Would never own a water cooled Harley w/Touch Screen
31.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Official 2014 Recall thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013 | 05:07 AM
bobros
Road Warrior

I made appt for my bike to be picked up this morning. They will return it the afternoon. Dealer is 45 miles away.

Old 10-25-2013 | 03:41 PM
trooper50
Road Captain

Dropped it off yesterday after work and picked it up today, 25 October after work. Don't feel the difference, but glad I got it done.

Old 10-25-2013 | 03:42 PM
Coloradohunter
Tourer

I held off on posting to this thread until the procedure was complete.

The sales guy called me last Thursday, explained the situation and practically begged me not to ride the bike. He then transferred me to service to setup a pickup time.

Service told me they were expecting kits next week (now this week) and they would call when they got them in. They also said they could pick it up or I could ride it in whichever I prefer. So they didn't seem to feel the same sense of urgency as my sales guy.

Fast forward to Wednesday. I hadn't heard anything and my impatience got the best of me (as it often does). I swung by the dealer during lunch to see what's up. They said they got the kits in and could pickup the bike tomorrow (now yesterday).

They picked it up yesterday afternoon and called me today about noon to say it was done. I asked if they were gonna bring it back to me or if I had to come get it. They said they could deliver it but not until Monday. Since I have a poker run tomorrow, I switched some things at work around and went to pick it up. It's now back home and the ordeal is behind me.

Overall, I give the dealership a grade of C+/B- in their handling of the situation. My salesman went above and beyond the call of duty but the non chalant attitude of the service department brought the grade down.

Old 10-25-2013 | 04:22 PM
MikeDCop
Tourer

I got my letter from the MoCo today telling me about the recall. Nothing like timely service. I'm going to blame the Postal Service since they keep effing everything else up lately.

I called the stealership to see if we were anywhere close to being done. They told me that they had just finished washing my bike and it was now ready. Then they asked me if I wanted them to bring it back. I asked when, they said Wednesday.

I think I'll go get it Sunday. I wish I could go tomorrow, but my off-day was canceled because of a third tier college football game that if we leave them unattended, their fans will burn the city down.

Ever wonder why you don't get to meet "Officer Friendly"? After a 17 hour day, my own dog doesn't even want to be around me.

Old 10-25-2013 | 04:52 PM
mp535th
Tourer

Got mine back today. They did deliver it went for a ride and the clutch does feel better but maybe its my imagination

Old 10-25-2013 | 05:16 PM
sat4314
Road Captain
Default recall

Dealer picked mine up on Tuesday earlier this week. I went on a three day business trip. Bike was done morning after they picked it up. They also flashed my Ultra Limited so passing lamps stay on with high beams. Going to pick it up tomorrow morning. Had 2400 trouble free miles. Correct part in the clutch was already there. They rebuilt the master cylinder and detailed my bike for free. Cant wait to go for a ride in the morning. First class service from my dealer "Brandywine HD" in Chadds Ford Pa.

Old 10-25-2013 | 05:51 PM
davesnhere
Cruiser

Got my Recall Notice today, LOL…Work was done this past Monday(10/21), picked bike up Tuesday…Better late than never I suppose to get the notice…At least my dealer was on the ball and called me last Wednesday,10/16(which the recall letter is ironically dated, but not rec'd until today) with the "No Ride" order….

Old 10-26-2013 | 04:58 AM
MikeDCop
Tourer

Originally Posted by sat4314
Dealer picked mine up on Tuesday earlier this week. I went on a three day business trip. Bike was done morning after they picked it up. They also flashed my Ultra Limited so passing lamps stay on with high beams. Going to pick it up tomorrow morning. Had 2400 trouble free miles. Correct part in the clutch was already there. They rebuilt the master cylinder and detailed my bike for free. Cant wait to go for a ride in the morning. First class service from my dealer "Brandywine HD" in Chadds Ford Pa.
You will notice a huge difference with the lights at night on unlit roads.

Old 10-26-2013 | 11:21 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by MikeDCop
You will notice a huge difference with the lights at night on unlit roads.
I had the dealer make that change as well so the passing lamps stay on with the high beams. HUGE difference on dark roads.

Old 10-26-2013 | 12:27 PM
oakmossy
Road Warrior

got my sgs back yesterday. Picked it up yesterday with a trailer.
The tech rebuilt the master cylinder ( replaced the plunger ). To check for the correct pressure plate they measure the movement of the plate via the derby cover according to the tech.
Glad its back. Bike feels the same but the original plunger kinda made a funky noise while the new one sounds 'mo' better'. Might be my imagination however.
I wonder what the dif is between the original plunger and the rebuild kit plunger?

Quick Reply: Official 2014 Recall thread