Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Why Buy a 2014
Water Cooled
27.78%
Touch Screen
32.22%
Cause it has no miles
35.56%
Would never own a water cooled Harley w/Touch Screen
31.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Official 2014 Recall thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013 | 06:31 PM
ditch_dgr
Road Master

Dealer picked mine up last night, got it back this afternoon. I am a happy guy.

Old 10-24-2013 | 06:33 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
you sure it was HD that picked up your bike? LOL
REALLY? Reading some of these stories, I'm grateful that I apparently have a good dealer. They did everything they possibly could in record time for me with this recall. This is my fist purchase from this dealer (three previous dealers closed down by the MoCo in my area) and they've earned my loyalty with the handling of this recall alone. Maybe this is all just a giant test by the MoCo to weed out shady dealers? LOL.

BTW, They came in a very nice dedicated enclosed bike trailer with proper, impressive looking, front wheel type hold downs. The dealer name and HD logo beautifully painted on the side and the words "Pickup and Delivery Service". I watched every step of the load in. If I was in any way uncomfortable, I was prepared to tell them I'd drive the bike up to them at my risk. I got the impression they'd done this before

Uhauls and wreckers! Yikes.

Fixing unsold bikes before customer bikes!

Making people ride in on a NO RIDE order recall!

No phone calls from the dealer? No official email from the MoCo? (Did you supply them with your email?) I got both within hours of first reading about the recall here.

Last edited by offthewall; 10-24-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-24-2013 | 06:41 PM
DD Dont
Cruiser

Got a call from the dealer today, my bike is being picked up on Sunday. Since the snow is already falling here, I'm going to take advantage of their winter storage special and have some "upgrades" done while it's there. Frees up some space in my garage so I can turn wrenches on the chopper this winter as well.

Im going to be sad to be without my Street Glide for that long though Ive had it less than a month.

Old 10-24-2013 | 07:13 PM
Glenbo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by djkolp
I think it's even funnier when the folks that have had their bikes fixed within days of the recall, become instant apologists for the MOCO. I've received no recall notice whatsoever. The service manager at Harley of Palm Beach just spews the line " We will call you when we know something." Still waiting. Poorly handled by the MOCO and my Dealer. Last Harley? You bet.

DJK
I'm not an apologist. I'm a realist. Stuff happens. Glad we're not hearing of the lives and limbs lost and only of inconvenience. Sounds like your dealer and you need to have a chat about Customer Service.

My new 14 still has a minor oil leak and it'll be fixed with a new part when it comes in. Not my last Harley in a string of Harleys? You bet!

Old 10-24-2013 | 07:21 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Puddles
Well, what do you know? I just received my recall notice in the mail..... 5 days AFTER my bike was fixed.
Got mine today also...

Old 10-24-2013 | 07:31 PM
trooper50
Road Captain

Rode mine in after work today and was told I should have it back by tomorrow. The customer service rep told me they were taking care of customers they sold bikes to locally first and then those that were purchased at other dealers... Found that odd, but decided I wouldn't fight City Hall, considering I'm getting my bike back tomorrow. Funny thing is, I never got a call from the dealer that sold me the bike... Nevertheless, I'm getting my bike back hopefully tomorrow, and I didn't get hurt or hurt someone else.

Old 10-24-2013 | 07:57 PM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
From: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.

I got a call Tuesday saying parts were in. Made an appointment for Thursday (today) for a ride in. Both my choice. Took about an hour or so and I was on my way. My dealer, ***'s in Rock Hill, has been top notch all the way. I got a call about an hour after getting the recall email. ALL of their unsold 14's are sitting on the floor with an X marked on the mirrors for "Do Not Ride". Customer's bikes come first in the order sold.

All mine needed was the master cylinder. The bonus seems to be a better clutch feel and smoother action.

And for something different, they still have a red 2013 CVO Limited sitting on the floor. I was told it's being discounted but they aren't showing it on the hang tag. Yet.

Old 10-24-2013 | 08:04 PM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior

Got a call this evening. Dealer is coming by on Sunday to pick it up with the their lift gate panel truck. It will be done by Monday afternoon.

Old 10-24-2013 | 10:02 PM
MikeDCop
Tourer

Mine was picked up last Saturday. Haven't heard squat from my stealership since. But that's ok. It's suppose to turn cold for the weekend and then warm back up next week.

Taking the down time to send the riding boots to the cobbler to get a retread. Bet the boots are done first.

Old 10-25-2013 | 04:35 AM
djkolp
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Glenbo
My new 14 still has a minor oil leak... Not my last Harley in a string of Harleys? You bet!
Yup, they're counting on it! I did finally receive a notification from both the Dealer and the MOCO yesterday, informing me that the winter clothes collection is now available! Nice.

DJK

Quick Reply: Official 2014 Recall thread