Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Why Buy a 2014
Water Cooled
27.78%
Touch Screen
32.22%
Cause it has no miles
35.56%
Would never own a water cooled Harley w/Touch Screen
31.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Official 2014 Recall thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013 | 01:49 PM
Boltsfaninmo
Road Captain

Originally Posted by biglipps66
Be lucky you guys had yours picked up.. after calling the first time and being on the list, with schedule window for pickup.. I called back after not hearing anything only to find out I had to get my bike to the dealer myself and that they were not currently doing ANY pickups at all.
I rode it in and Im actually sitting here in the lobby waiting for the work to be done ha
Time for you to find a new dealer. All dealers were instructed to pick up, fix, and redeliver to you at no charge. I'd never shop there again.

Old 10-24-2013 | 01:57 PM
bobros
Road Warrior

Be lucky you guys had yours picked up.. after calling the first time and being on the list, with schedule window for pickup.. I called back after not hearing anything only to find out I had to get my bike to the dealer myself and that they were not currently doing ANY pickups at all.
I rode it in and Im actually sitting here in the lobby waiting for the work to be done ha
That's BS. The dealer is paid by MoCo to transport your bike. What you have there is a bad dealer that doesn't care about your business. Me, I'd never go back. There's a lot of great dealers (at least in my area) that would love to have your business and want you to be happy with their service.

Old 10-24-2013 | 02:27 PM
Moondogger
Cruiser

That's really bad form on the dealer's part. The Recall specifically states "DO NOT RIDE" and they made you ride the bike to them. They should be reported to the NHTSA.

Old 10-24-2013 | 02:27 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I would rather go through the hassle of picking it up and riding it home, than to trust a monkey with a trailer, to bring a brand new bike back without damage.

Old 10-24-2013 | 02:28 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member

This post is about burned out by now

Old 10-24-2013 | 02:29 PM
Moondogger
Cruiser

I'm scheduled for a pick-up at my house on Tuesday 10/29 in the morning.

Old 10-24-2013 | 02:34 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Toypuller
I would rather go through the hassle of picking it up and riding it home, than to trust a monkey with a trailer, to bring a brand new bike back without damage.
Funny you say that, my dealer only has so many trucks and is using a wrecker service to pick up bikes for the recall. While I was there waiting on mine a wrecker driver was in the service department having them give a estimate on one he dropped while unloading.

Old 10-24-2013 | 02:34 PM
Larry64
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bobros
That's BS. The dealer is paid by MoCo to transport your bike. What you have there is a bad dealer that doesn't care about your business. Me, I'd never go back. There's a lot of great dealers (at least in my area) that would love to have your business and want you to be happy with their service.
Pick-up is part of the vehicle campaign due to the do not ride part of the recall. I would believe not following the campaign would be a violation of the dealer agreement. Now that the government is running again, if this becomes a NHTSA recall, this would be a big problem.

"The company is taking the additional measure of issuing a Do Not Ride notice to riders given the potential safety issues. The company wants owners of affected motorcycles to contact an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer immediately to arrange for an inspection. The dealer will pick up, inspect and make the necessary repairs at no cost to the owner. The repairs have been identified and should take less than one hour.

Although the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration is closed as a result of the partial government shutdown, Harley-Davidson is proceeding with these voluntary recalls consistent with NHTSA’s process."

Old 10-24-2013 | 02:41 PM
djkolp
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Glenbo
It's funny to me that some of "us" wear the brand on T-Shirts and tattoos, but are ready to condemn in over a safety recall on a manufacturing issue. Recalls happen. Life isn't perfect. No one died.
I think it's even funnier when the folks that have had their bikes fixed within days of the recall, become instant apologists for the MOCO. I've received no recall notice whatsoever. The service manager at Harley of Palm Beach just spews the line " We will call you when we know something." Still waiting. Poorly handled by the MOCO and my Dealer. Last Harley? You bet.

DJK

Old 10-24-2013 | 02:45 PM
Larry64
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by barrygreen
Funny you say that, my dealer only has so many trucks and is using a wrecker service to pick up bikes for the recall. While I was there waiting on mine a wrecker driver was in the service department having them give a estimate on one he dropped while unloading.
Ouch

Quick Reply: Official 2014 Recall thread