Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Why Buy a 2014
Water Cooled
27.78%
Touch Screen
32.22%
Cause it has no miles
35.56%
Would never own a water cooled Harley w/Touch Screen
31.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Official 2014 Recall thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013 | 12:53 PM
Bigg Lou
Tourer
Default Dealership recall inconvenience AGAIN!

Got the recall notice via email last Wednesday the 16th. The dealership calls me next morning and informs me THEY will pickup the bike AND return my bike but DO NOT ride it till the hydraulic clutch is checked, repaired, whatever the hell they are supposed to do.

Took them an entire week to pickup my bike (yesterday the 23rd) during some of the best riding weather Las Vegas has seen in a long time. I even missed a Death Valley ride with my riding buddies this past Tuesday because of this "recall" and my patience.

Anyway the recall "fix" was done by the next morning and my "stealership" just called to inform ME to pickup my bike. What BS, bike sits for a week waiting on them to pick it up and/or waiting on parts and even though I'm told they will return it, they won't and now I have to inconvenience someone to drop me off to pickup my bike.

Not so much of a big thing to get a "ride" to pick up my Harley and I do want it back ASAP but the lies and inconveniences are just BS! Anyone else experience this "great customer service?" BTW, all dealerships in Vegas are owned by the same company/corporation so all are giving the BS to locals as far as I am aware of.

Old 10-24-2013 | 12:59 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member

Sounds like it would just be easier to go get the bike and ride it home! That way you wouldn't have far to go if / when the clutch fails. Go get it, take it for a test ride and grin all the way home! Not what you signed up for, but it works!

Old 10-24-2013 | 01:10 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

You seriously started a thread about having to go get your bike?
That is true suffering.

Just wow Lou. Pulling your man card.

lp

Old 10-24-2013 | 01:16 PM
ClassicallySprung05
Advanced

You also have to look at it from the dealerships perspective. They have all of those bikes to pickup, fix and deliver. Plus, not every bike they have to get and take back are in the city they are.

My local dealership has one truck and trailer capable of 4 or 6 bikes at a time. The driver is a part time guy that's retired and drives for them for beer money basically. Typically his days work is done by 1pm. For the last week he's been on the road the entire day picking up and delivering 2014 models exclusively.

I'm guessing they are suggesting that you pick your bike up yourself so that instead of having to deliver it, they can spend that trip going to pick up more bikes. If it took them a week just to get to yours for pickup, think how long it could take for delivery.

It's a crap deal I know and it all around sucks for everyone that got 14's early but it also puts a lot of pressure and responsibility on these "stealerships."

Old 10-24-2013 | 01:17 PM
MGZA
6th Gear

Called my local dealer twice and they apparently haven't received the parts yet and don't know when they will. Gave me the typical "we have you on the list and will call you to schedule a pickup."

Old 10-24-2013 | 01:18 PM
chopperguytampa
Tourer

Mine was picked up this past tues, fixed wed and delivered back to me wed night. I wasnt going to pick it up.

Old 10-24-2013 | 01:27 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member

I rode mine in and they repaired it while I waited, took about 40 min.

Old 10-24-2013 | 01:28 PM
biglipps66
Cruiser

Be lucky you guys had yours picked up.. after calling the first time and being on the list, with schedule window for pickup.. I called back after not hearing anything only to find out I had to get my bike to the dealer myself and that they were not currently doing ANY pickups at all.
I rode it in and Im actually sitting here in the lobby waiting for the work to be done ha

Old 10-24-2013 | 01:36 PM
BCC1
Cruiser

My dealer called last week to schedule my bike's pick up, just before I left for a two day ride. I got back from the ride Sunday, so I rode the bike over on Monday evening and picked it up this morning.

The clutch engages sooner and more quickly.

I'm happy and no big deal. At all.

Though the kid from the dealership calling folks to schedule pick-ups was a bit dismayed at some of the a%sholes shouting at him. As if it's his fault their precious new bike had a recall.

Wannabe hard-asses need to get a life and lighten-up.

Old 10-24-2013 | 01:46 PM
BCC1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by barrygreen
I rode mine in and they repaired it while I waited, took about 40 min.
You clearly are not striking the correct internet, whiny, wannabe hard-*** pose.

Quick Reply: Official 2014 Recall thread