Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Why Buy a 2014
Water Cooled
27.78%
Touch Screen
32.22%
Cause it has no miles
35.56%
Would never own a water cooled Harley w/Touch Screen
31.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Official 2014 Recall thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013 | 09:33 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
Glad to see that your Dealer took care of the bikes on the road 1st. Wish I could say the same I was there Friday and was told that "We will call you" when the parts arrive and my VIN was number 13 on the waiting list. I asked if i could just leave the bike there and they told me there was no room and they would call me . I called yesterday (Closed Monday) spoke to a different Service writer to ask if parts arrived he told me yes 20 kits showed up and it is on 1st come 1st serve basis. I took the afternoon off work and when I arrived at the Service counter the Dealer had 12 Touring models from the Showroom in front of the Bay doors leading into the Service area I understand they are there to make $$ but to be told 1 thing and something changed midstream Sucks. I left my bike hoping to get it back in a few days but no guaruntee given on time frame.

And being right here in your neighborhood, I would love to know who the dealer was so I make sure to NEVER patronize them again. Was it Republic?

Old 10-23-2013 | 09:38 AM
mp535th
Tourer

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
That my friend is total BS. I would have marched my happy *** right into the manager's office to give him not 1 but 2 pieces of my mind! (that would leave me in the negative by the way)

Sold bikes should and according to mother harley have TOP PRIORITY.
I agree. I just got a call that they got a few kits in and would be picking my bike up this afternoon. They are doing mine before the showroom bikes, and I think he said they have more bikes on the showroom floor then they have kits.

Old 10-23-2013 | 09:40 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
Glad to see that your Dealer took care of the bikes on the road 1st. Wish I could say the same I was there Friday and was told that "We will call you" when the parts arrive and my VIN was number 13 on the waiting list. I asked if i could just leave the bike there and they told me there was no room and they would call me . I called yesterday (Closed Monday) spoke to a different Service writer to ask if parts arrived he told me yes 20 kits showed up and it is on 1st come 1st serve basis. I took the afternoon off work and when I arrived at the Service counter the Dealer had 12 Touring models from the Showroom in front of the Bay doors leading into the Service area I understand they are there to make $$ but to be told 1 thing and something changed midstream Sucks. I left my bike hoping to get it back in a few days but no guaruntee given on time frame.
Your dealer sucks. I bet the MoCo wouldn't be happy that they are turning away riders on a NO RIDE recall to fix unsold bikes.

Old 10-23-2013 | 09:46 AM
BuffaloBill
Intermediate

I would like to respond after my bike is repaired After I complaned to him he said that those bikes were sold and my respose was so was mine and I have a license plate on my bike and should be taken care of those custumers with priority consideration also why did I have to call them They should be notifing their custumers to let them know it will be on 1st come basis. Hope they get more kits in today

Old 10-23-2013 | 09:57 AM
trackadaptor
Road Warrior

LOL... your funny

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
It would seem I've touched a nerve.

Each of my posts in this thread have been pure truth, but some take offense.

I love being called a troll by the one that started this obviously slanted stupid *** poll.

Old 10-23-2013 | 01:25 PM
flhxs103
Road Captain

I know they picked up peoples bikes but did they drop them off too?

Old 10-23-2013 | 02:42 PM
lowend73
Tourer
Veteran: Navy

Dropped my bike off last Thursday and picked it up yesterday evening. I can tell a difference with the new fix for sure. Can a clutch be "quicker"? That is the best way I can describe it.

Old 10-23-2013 | 02:48 PM
mp535th
Tourer

Originally Posted by flhxs103
Mine is suppose to... Will know for sure tomorrow..

Old 10-23-2013 | 03:12 PM
dh2683
Supporter

Originally Posted by flhxs103
Picked up Mine & brought it back the same day.

Old 10-23-2013 | 03:23 PM
PackersShirt
Cruiser

Gail's in Belton, MO, called me at 10 Tuesday morning to let me know they were ready (they are closed Mondays). I asked if "I trailered it" instead of waiting for pickup if they could fix it that day, and they said yes. I got it there around noon and told them I'd be back after work; they called mid-afternoon and said it was ready. Picked it up and it's good to go (never had any issues). The way they explained the fix echoed another comment on the thread--all master cylinders would be rebuilt and those with the affected plate would be repaired.

Oh, and there was a Limited on the sales floor with a "waiting for parts" or some such sign on it, so it looks like they are taking care of us first.

Too bad the avg daily temp has dropped about 20 degrees in the last week!

Quick Reply: Official 2014 Recall thread