Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Why Buy a 2014
Water Cooled
27.78%
Touch Screen
32.22%
Cause it has no miles
35.56%
Would never own a water cooled Harley w/Touch Screen
31.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Official 2014 Recall thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013 | 05:50 AM
GNR
Cruiser

My Bike was picked up yesterday after lunch time. Dealer was going to be getting parts yesterday or today. He said all service was pushed back until recall taken care of. Going to call today for eta.

Old 10-23-2013 | 06:19 AM
'14UltraMan
Novice

Dropped my bike off on Monday at noon in Zanesville, Ohio. Dealer had no parts yet but they called me around 5pm Monday to say my bike was ready for pick up.

Old 10-23-2013 | 06:47 AM
Bullitt59
Cruiser

Recall came out on Oct 14, got a call from my dealer on Oct 21, wondering if I had heard anything. They said they have no time set for fixing the recall as HD hasn't told them what to do yet. I assume that the procedure here in Canada would be the same as the States, but hey, who knows. On a side note, It's been a month waiting on the dealer to get their hands on the "special" tool needed to install the front lowering kit on my '14 Ultra. Not quite sure if they know what is going on or not!!

Old 10-23-2013 | 07:33 AM
mistersandman202
Cruiser

Parts came in Tuesday on coastal Georgia.... Repairs made quickly. Back on the road today! No problem!

Old 10-23-2013 | 08:43 AM
jmcdermit
Tourer

Mine was picked up from my dealer yesterday(an hour away), and they will drop it back off to me today. Along with my lowers installed. As far as waiting on that special tool to install the lowering kit, I think the mechanics have to buy their own tools don't they? Would the dealer have to wait until one of their mechanics pays for the tool?

Old 10-23-2013 | 08:46 AM
Glenbo
Cruiser

It's funny to me that some of "us" wear the brand on T-Shirts and tattoos, but are ready to condemn in over a safety recall on a manufacturing issue. Recalls happen. Life isn't perfect. No one died.

I enjoy riding HDs and have since my 1st decades ago. I enjoy my 2014 as much as any I've owned, even more for the positive changes they've made.

I'll be looking to read more posts about how people are enjoying their freedom machines and not making poor puns over "Rush to failure" or other whining.

(Stepping off the soapbox now)

Old 10-23-2013 | 08:52 AM
mistersandman202
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Glenbo
It's funny to me that some of "us" wear the brand on T-Shirts and tattoos, but are ready to condemn in over a safety recall on a manufacturing issue. Recalls happen. Life isn't perfect. No one died.

I enjoy riding HDs and have since my 1st decades ago. I enjoy my 2014 as much as any I've owned, even more for the positive changes they've made.

I'll be looking to read more posts about how people are enjoying their freedom machines and not making poor puns over "Rush to failure" or other whining.

(Stepping off the soapbox now)
THANK YOU!!! I've never seen so much griping over nothin'! Get a grip you bunch of whiners!!!
(My fix is done & Im happy to have the wind on my face again... With a big dumb grin, 'cuz this 2014 is the bomb!!)

Old 10-23-2013 | 09:19 AM
BuffaloBill
Intermediate
Default Recall

Originally Posted by offthewall
I picked my bike up this afternoon. Dealer said it needed the clutch master cylinder fix (Recall#0153) but not the other (improper clutch plate).

They did the 10 customer bikes they had in the shop today and said tomorrow they have to go through all the unsold bikes on the floor.

Clutch feels exactly like it did before, which is good since I like the feel of the hydraulic clutch.

Sorry to disappoint all the naysayers, but this recall issue seems to have been resolved in one day at my dealer.
Glad to see that your Dealer took care of the bikes on the road 1st. Wish I could say the same I was there Friday and was told that "We will call you" when the parts arrive and my VIN was number 13 on the waiting list. I asked if i could just leave the bike there and they told me there was no room and they would call me . I called yesterday (Closed Monday) spoke to a different Service writer to ask if parts arrived he told me yes 20 kits showed up and it is on 1st come 1st serve basis. I took the afternoon off work and when I arrived at the Service counter the Dealer had 12 Touring models from the Showroom in front of the Bay doors leading into the Service area I understand they are there to make $$ but to be told 1 thing and something changed midstream Sucks. I left my bike hoping to get it back in a few days but no guaruntee given on time frame.

Old 10-23-2013 | 09:26 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
Glad to see that your Dealer took care of the bikes on the road 1st. Wish I could say the same I was there Friday and was told that "We will call you" when the parts arrive and my VIN was number 13 on the waiting list. I asked if i could just leave the bike there and they told me there was no room and they would call me . I called yesterday (Closed Monday) spoke to a different Service writer to ask if parts arrived he told me yes 20 kits showed up and it is on 1st come 1st serve basis. I took the afternoon off work and when I arrived at the Service counter the Dealer had 12 Touring models from the Showroom in front of the Bay doors leading into the Service area I understand they are there to make $$ but to be told 1 thing and something changed midstream Sucks. I left my bike hoping to get it back in a few days but no guaruntee given on time frame.
That my friend is total BS. I would have marched my happy *** right into the manager's office to give him not 1 but 2 pieces of my mind! (that would leave me in the negative by the way)

Sold bikes should and according to mother harley have TOP PRIORITY.

Old 10-23-2013 | 09:32 AM
mp535th
Tourer

Just got the call. They are picking my bike up today parts are in.

Quick Reply: Official 2014 Recall thread