Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Why Buy a 2014
Water Cooled
27.78%
Touch Screen
32.22%
Cause it has no miles
35.56%
Would never own a water cooled Harley w/Touch Screen
31.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Official 2014 Recall thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013 | 08:51 PM
solgoodband
Novice

The thing that pisses me off is, I bought the first 2014 streetglide special from my dealer and do you think I got an email, phone call, letter about the recall? NO - I found out about it on Facebook FFS. Not feeling the love Barnes...
You would think that the sales staff that sold me the bike would go through their sales list and contact all buyers to inform us. I hope this plays out well but I'm not holding my breathe

Old 10-20-2013 | 09:29 PM
mp535th
Tourer

Your not alone. I knew more about the recall then my dealer did the morning I called them

Old 10-20-2013 | 09:38 PM
brio2323
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
Your poll is missing some options.

Like...

Upgraded cams, compression....
Redesigned front end
UNbelieveable handling
User friendly saddle bags
2000 cubic inch larger tour pack
Nicer rims and rotors
EXTREMELY less buffeting on the highway

Fix the poll to not look like a troll, and I'll vote.
Yea... What he said.

Old 10-20-2013 | 10:07 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SafetyMan

Funny, I have 2 2014 touring bikes in my garage, and have not had a single issue.
Glad you haven't had any 'issues', but seems to me that if you have a pending recall, that is an 'issue'. You don't have to be broken down along side the road before a problem is considered an 'issue'. Harley did put out a 'no ride' on the 2014's regarding the clutch, so Harley certainly feels that there must be an 'issue', at least from a safety standpoint. For me, or anyone riding with me, I'd call that an 'issue'. Now personally, and maybe I don't understand the clutch problem as well as I should, I'd be riding anyway until the dealer could do the recall. Doesn't seem to be that big a deal to me; I'd be far more concerned if the bike might totally lose brakes or the throttle by wire stuck wide open, but I like I said, maybe I don't get the whole clutch problem. It is impressive that Harley resolved the problem so quickly, so whatever brought this problem to light must have been really big. Harley has spent years trying to resolve the compensator issues, and has introduced yet another version for 2014.

Also, while you do have two 2014's in the garage, it's not like you've owned them for a year or two and have 5k, 10k or 20k miles on them and can claim some sort of long term reliability. The fact is, these are man-made products and based on all the threads here on all the different Harley models here, it's likely that you will be posting right here at HDForums about things that come up sometime in the future, just like the rest of us.

I've owned plenty of motorcycles, pick-ups and passenger vehicles in my lifetime and none really failed me in the first couple of months. Could I say that was true with any of them after a year, or a few years? No... not blaming any given manufacturer, it's just a fact of life.

And no, I didn't vote, just to mess up the results. The poll doesn't change the facts of all the owners that have or have not been impacted, and since all the bikes are being repaired, including those on the showroom floor, I'm not sure just want it will prove either way, especially with the poll not closing until 01-17-2014, long after every bike will be repaired before being sold.

Last edited by UltraClassicElectraGlide; 10-21-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-21-2013 | 07:04 AM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member

Need more options on the poll. I might buy 1 someday but not today.

Old 10-21-2013 | 07:33 AM
MikeDCop
Tourer

At least our bikes weren't recalled because of a spider web.

http://www.ibtimes.com/toyota-recall...deploy-1431460

Old 10-21-2013 | 08:21 AM
Fatcachi
6th Gear
Default Anybody have their bike yet

Bought a 14 FLHTK last Thursday but it had to stay with dealer until clutch parts were delivered. Any one have the work done yet? Dealer said parts could arrive today.

Old 10-21-2013 | 08:23 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member

I didn't vote becuase their isn't an option for me, but for the record the frame improvements, fairing and engine update is what is tempting me.

Beary

Old 10-21-2013 | 08:46 AM
F34R
Tourer

Originally Posted by Fatcachi
Bought a 14 FLHTK last Thursday but it had to stay with dealer until clutch parts were delivered. Any one have the work done yet? Dealer said parts could arrive today.
Hopefully, and according to the dealer last week, mine will be done today. I'll let you know if it actually gets done today.

Old 10-21-2013 | 10:09 AM
impostingbecauseyoureoverreacting's Avatar
impostingbecauseyoureoverreacting
Stage III

Here are the facts. Dealers will and probably have received the kits today. There is still no service bulletin available in order to perform the needed checks and repairs and receive credit for them, thusly even with kits repairs aren't being performed until this bulletin arrives. I can also guarantee that the dealers aren't receiving nearly enough kits to fix all of the affected bikes that they have, customer and unsold. Again, these are actual facts.

Quick Reply: Official 2014 Recall thread