Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Why Buy a 2014
Water Cooled
27.78%
Touch Screen
32.22%
Cause it has no miles
35.56%
Would never own a water cooled Harley w/Touch Screen
31.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Official 2014 Recall thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013 | 08:37 AM
trackadaptor
Road Warrior

Great input .... Couldnt fit all this on the poll

Not concerned about the EPA ? Kinda holds you from headers engine mods etc.

Looks like you got off a 2005;
I still had to install a True Track on my 2009

No concern for the "Do Not Ride " Recall

I'm sure it's a slight flaw as with any first model year

Originally Posted by ClassicallySprung05
I love the new 2014 lineup. The motor feels much more capable. Twisting the throttle actually does more than just making more noise, The new sound system is top notch, the bigger saddlebags and tour pack are phenomenal and good looking IMO. Plus they made a million little changes that make riding a much more pleasant experience all around. i.e. gas cap, bag guards, lower fairing storage. Finally you have the redesign that finally brings Harley in to the modern age. LEDS, modern lines. Sharp looking bikes.

Was that one of the poll options?

Old 10-20-2013 | 09:00 AM
F34R
Tourer

Originally Posted by trooper50
They will flame you on this forum for not knowing terms such as "taking delivery and pulling the trigger." There should be a prerequisite to know these terms before joining this forum.
It's ok. It would take a lot more than an explanation of a term to ruffle my feathers on here lol.

That being said, I can't wait till tomorrow. Hopefully the time frame they gave me is fulfilled!

Old 10-20-2013 | 09:01 AM
BCC1
Cruiser

I was an early adopter. I bought it, because I liked the ergonomic changes they made. Windscreen, integrated gps, vent, pannier latches, passenger room, etc.

But foremost I'm a rider. Not really a bike nite kind of biker.

So, I really like

The improved handling
Much better brakes
Improved wind management

Everything else is a bonus.

Bike is still stock.

Old 10-20-2013 | 09:05 AM
John K.
Tourer

This website is an awesome resource, probably the best HD forum on the Internet.

That being said, why is it that anytime someone disagrees with a post they're called a troll?

Old 10-20-2013 | 09:09 AM
trooper50
Road Captain

Originally Posted by F34R
It's ok. It would take a lot more than an explanation of a term to ruffle my feathers on here lol.

That being said, I can't wait till tomorrow. Hopefully the time frame they gave me is fulfilled!
Keep us posted. Best of luck to you.

Old 10-20-2013 | 09:10 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I picked "it has no miles" and "I'd never own a water head".

Old 10-20-2013 | 09:21 AM
Faulkner
Road Captain

I went into my local dealership Saturday and they had over a dozen 2014's on the floor with sticky notes on the windshield. I asked what's up and they said they were all on hold for the warranty recall and couldn't be sold, so I asked when the upgrade would be done on these bike and they said it'd be a week to 10 days.

Humm, gots me to thinking . . . so I asked what if I wanted to buy one of these bikes but didn't need to take delivery for a couple of weeks, would they make me a deal? The sales rep jumped all over that like a fat kid on a twinkie.

Short version, I'd already sold my 2007 Ultra so I had some cash. With $5K down I ended up with a 2014 Ultra in candy orange with the upgraded sound system/electronics, security system, luggage rack, and driver backrest for the same price as a stock black Ultra. That's around $2K off sticker. Only catch is I pick it up in 14 days.

Last edited by Faulkner; 10-20-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-20-2013 | 09:32 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Faulkner
I went into my local dealership Saturday and they had over a dozen 2014's on the floor with sticky notes on the windshield. I asked what's up and they said they were all on hold for the warranty recall and couldn't be sold, so I asked when the upgrade would be done on these bike and they said it'd be a week to 10 days.

Humm, gots me to thinking . . . so I asked what if I wanted to buy one of these bikes but didn't need to take delivery for a couple of weeks, would they make me a deal? The sales rep jumped all over that like a fat kid on a twinkie.

Short version, I'd already sold my 2007 Ultra so I had some cash. With $5K down I ended up with a 2014 Ultra in candy orange with the upgraded sound system/electronics, security system, luggage rack, and driver backrest for the same price as a stock black Ultra. That's around $2K off sticker. Only catch is I pick it up in 14 days.
That's not a 'catch', that's called smart business - on both parties. You wouldn't want it until it's squared away anyway, right? When you get it, just point it south and head down here, our riding season is just starting.

Old 10-20-2013 | 10:29 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by jasnusc
MOCO told my dealer yesterday No Kits have been shipped yet and the parts arent something they would have on their shelf. Wonder what they did to those 200 bikes?
As already stated, if you had one of the biggest rallies of the year (Not Counting Sturgis) going on who would you ship the first parts too? Anyways, they worked all night to replace the pistons in the slave or master cylinders that could possibly stick in the 2014 models.
Someone else stated that 60,000 models were effected by this I believe but only 29,500 had been sold at the time of the recall.

Old 10-20-2013 | 10:37 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

It would seem I've touched a nerve.

Each of my posts in this thread have been pure truth, but some take offense.

I love being called a troll by the one that started this obviously slanted stupid *** poll.

Quick Reply: Official 2014 Recall thread