Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Why Buy a 2014
Water Cooled
27.78%
Touch Screen
32.22%
Cause it has no miles
35.56%
Would never own a water cooled Harley w/Touch Screen
31.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Official 2014 Recall thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013 | 09:44 PM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Boltsfaninmo
Look at his screen name. He is OCD.
Got it

Old 10-18-2013 | 09:47 PM
Boltsfaninmo
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
I was going to type damn near the same thing, but was afraid of coming off as a smartass...

I'll take the heat. In some ways I respect his ability to put off the instant gratification of the impending purchase. In other ways I can't understand waiting....
Either way, I don't get it.

Old 10-18-2013 | 10:05 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member

At dealership in San Diego they said they were still waiting on parts to come in.

Were telling people that Harley suggested they not ride their bikes until they could be looked at and repaired.

The staff was dealing with this very professionally, and sounded like they were going to do everything possible to address this issue.

Looked at some of the new bikes in the showroom. They obviously have upgraded the 14 road bikes with quite a few new improvements. Probably not unreasonable to have some issues pop up with regular production just hitting the dealerships.

The bikes looked great, and feedback from owners in the showroom is that they like the Rushmore upgrades.

Old 10-18-2013 | 10:49 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

My dealer had my 14 Limited picked-up today. Very professional motorcycle towing company was secured to pickup all my dealers recall bikes. Hope to have my bike back by Tuesday evening, Wed. at the latest. I am happy that Harley jumped on this issue, they are really taking care of everything first class.

Old 10-18-2013 | 11:07 PM
dusturbd
Road Captain

I was at Orlando Harley tonight for some food, drink and music and they had 14's in there demo tent and for rent and saw at 1 getting ready to deliver to new owner.

Old 10-19-2013 | 04:07 AM
djkolp
Road Captain

Originally Posted by offthewall
I read it first on this board Wednesday evening. I then received the official email notice from the MoCo at 11:37PM Wednesday. Thursday morning, before I had a chance to call the dealer, they called me. They wanted to pick the bike up that day but it didn't fit my schedule. They picked it up first thing this morning. I was told Monday morning they are expecting parts and inspection instructions from the MoCo. Mine is one of the first to be looked at. I've spent a good amount of money on upgrades with them since I picked the bike up in August and they have always treated me right.

Good for you, I'm glad your dealer is treating you right. I've purchased 4 new bikes from the folks at my dealership, and they can't even return a simple email, let alone give me a call 4 days after the recall hit the wires. I guess that means my 08/13 build is ridable.

DJK

Old 10-19-2013 | 04:31 AM
jimbo-hd
4th Gear

I went to dealer the day I got e-mail like my notice said to do and they did not know anything, now they are waiting for the info and parts being shipped on Monday and can not tell me any info because they say they do not know. Seems like the info should have been supplied to dealers the same time notice went to them. HD Corp knows what problem is and they also know what the fix is but my dealership says they do not know. Seems like if a part # was given for the defective or failing master cylinder then the owner could then check part # and then decide if they want to ride. I could check my part and then go to dealership and have them sign off on recall if it is not a failing or problematic part. Motorcycle is just barely 30 days old and now it sits in garage because being safety issue I will comply with recall and not drive, don't know what causes the failure and they can not tell me anything, and I would just like to have a safe vehicle to drive, and not have to rely on emergency stopping and kill switch in the event of failure. Would be great if someone would at least give a part# to check.

Old 10-19-2013 | 04:39 AM
flhxs103
Road Captain

No e-mail or call. I called my dealer and he said the would call next week.

Old 10-19-2013 | 04:54 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member

I'd like to give a shout. Out to Bruce Rossmeyers in Daytona. These. Guys went above and beyond to fix bikes at the rally this week. They called my friend from her dealer. And told her to stop riding so we were at Rossmeyers already and they took it in and parts arrived at 10:30 that night and they worked all night and called her at 8:00am and it was fixed. At last count they had fixed over 200 2014 bikes. They were super nice and even tried to help me with a blinked problem as well.

Old 10-19-2013 | 05:20 AM
usmaleky
Novice
Default The fix

Has anyone heard what the fix is for the clutch.

Quick Reply: Official 2014 Recall thread