Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Why Buy a 2014
Water Cooled
27.78%
Touch Screen
32.22%
Cause it has no miles
35.56%
Would never own a water cooled Harley w/Touch Screen
31.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Official 2014 Recall thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013 | 10:27 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

Dealer told me if I trailer both of mine in, I'll be at the top of the list.

Considering it.

Old 10-18-2013 | 10:29 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

i just wish HD would hurry up with the 15s so all these "gotta have the newest" guys will go trading in their roadies for the new ones and hopefully someone with a black and white 2010 CVO roadie will pave the way for me to buy it at a decent price. :-)

Old 10-18-2013 | 10:46 AM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member

I will ride mine until it get's the recall service. Harley is issuing a no ride to protect their liability. I have faith in mine. There was only two of these problems that were actually filed I was told by the dealer reported to the MOCO. I had seen a couple of folks describe some problems with their clutches here that probably are part of the recall problem. It is my opinion if the clutch problem does not show up soon out of the gate. Chances are it has the correct lever, and the Master rebuild is a belt and suspenders to eliminate any chance of a bleed down to the reported problem.

I also had a recall on my 2008 for a faulty Fuel Filter canister. Made out of plastic the tabs that held it together would break or spread, and they was the possibility of loosing fuel pressure. I rode it too until it was replaced under recall. In my opinion, it is just knowing you might have the problem, but I will ride it until the parts come in and the dealer look's at it. I am personally not loosing any sleep over this. My clutch was fine the day they delivered it. It was fine when I rode it last night. And it will likely be fine this weekend when I ride it, until they inspect it. For those that chose not to ride theirs, I respect that. For me, this type of problem could happen with any bike at any time, any year, and model. And you deal with it, when, and if it happens.

Old 10-18-2013 | 11:01 AM
Axegrinder
Tourer

You are right the other clutch issue is only for the trikes.. and not all of them . I guess a few slipped by with an incorrect part installed somewhere in the clutch itself. The parts have already been ordered but I doubt they will arrive on Monday unless the MOCO sent them out Friday.Even then who knows. My dealer told me to call Tuesday to arrange pick up of my bike.

I am bummed that this happened but it's an imperfect world. **** happens all the time...

Old 10-18-2013 | 11:28 AM
bobros
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bksmoky
Just making a general statement. I don't understand so called Harley loyalists. Why all the bashing of the 2014's.
It's just the nature of some people. People want to think they have the greatest model/year. Just wait. In 2016 the 2014 owners will be bashing the '16's and their new features

Old 10-18-2013 | 11:33 AM
hagerswami
Intermediate

Since my bike is down the road 60 miles at the HD dealer getting the overflow problem fixed, they're gonna go ahead and fix the clutch while they're at it.

Old 10-18-2013 | 11:35 AM
a99miata
Road Captain

say it ain't so!

Old 10-18-2013 | 11:39 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member

While the actual number of affected bikes is minimal, I feel for those who dropped big coin on a 2014 only to experience a coolant leak, clutch failure or stereo problem. These things shouldn't happen. This isn't exactly leading edge technology, you know. Seems to me that Harley's quality control team wasn't prepared to support project Rushmore.

Old 10-18-2013 | 11:48 AM
mp535th
Tourer

My dealer told me this morning they are do to ship on the 21st and they have no idea how many they are getting so dont know how many bikes they will be able to repair next week....BS but im second on the list

Old 10-18-2013 | 11:49 AM
WildThang
Road Master

Originally Posted by Geoff
While the actual number of affected bikes is minimal, I feel for those who dropped big coin on a 2014 only to experience a coolant leak, clutch failure or stereo problem. These things shouldn't happen. This isn't exactly leading edge technology, you know. Seems to me that Harley's quality control team wasn't prepared to support project Rushmore.
Yes I feel real bad about dropping coin on one of the best handling Harley's I ever rode...I am heartbroken....
LOL

Quick Reply: Official 2014 Recall thread