Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Why Buy a 2014
Water Cooled
27.78%
Touch Screen
32.22%
Cause it has no miles
35.56%
Would never own a water cooled Harley w/Touch Screen
31.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Official 2014 Recall thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013 | 06:18 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Just read on a Facbook HD Touring page that one of the members friends was killed on his 2014 Street Glide Wednesday night. No word if it is at all related. But if it is that could explain the sense of urgency of this recall. I heard that HD was calling customers at 10pm Wednesday night informing them of the recall and to park their pikes until they find out if theirs was affected by the recall.

Old 10-18-2013 | 06:32 AM
SSJ
Road Captain

Dealer I work for are picking up bikes (their) cost some 4 hours away and will return them same way if the owner wants, they are also providing loaners and repairs are being made in purchase order, first buyers get first repairs as parts are available.

Old 10-18-2013 | 06:32 AM
VTL nut
Road Warrior

For those with long distance rides planned, my local stealer offers $25/24 hours rental if they keep my bike for overnight service. I had a tire replaced 1 time, they couldn't get to it till the next day so I beat the **** out of an 09 Ultra for a night (as much as I could being the factory wrapped sled it was), and picked mine up the next day with a fresh tire. Just food for thought rather than going without.

As Garemlin says, what is your life worth. We all feel confident, but it only takes 1 idiot in a cager 1 time doing something stupid, and your instinct does what it does but the bike don't, thats all it would take.

Last edited by VTL nut; 10-18-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Old 10-18-2013 | 06:33 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Ride at your own risk and mentality level. If they issued a do not ride warning it must be serious. Is it really worth getting a ride in this weekend over possibly never being able to ride again. Or worse. Park it. Let them pick it up and let them do their thing. There will be plenty of time to ride afterwards.

Old 10-18-2013 | 06:50 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by jasnusc
My 14 SGS is at the dealer now waiting for the parts to arrive tomorrow at 9:30am as MOCO agreed to overnight them.

I got a loaner through my extended service plan to take on my 4 day ride to the Grand Canyon and Sedona I had planned which Im on right now. Its a 13 Limited and its a total piece of sh!#!
I think if I were you I'd consider changing brands. Your 2014 was a piece of **** and now your loaner 2013 is as well. What is wrong with the 2013? It certainly isn't the coolant leaking or a defective hydraulic clutch. Is the color crappy?

Old 10-18-2013 | 07:11 AM
WildThang
Road Master

Actually the timing of the recall worked in favor for me....

I was told the night before all my parts I ordered when I bought the bike were in...now the dealer will pick up my bike...add the parts...do the 1000 mile check and perform the recall check/replace and deliver the bike back to me.... LOL

Sux that I can't ride the FLHXS this weekend...but that is why i have the little sportster for...get crazy on the weekends with... (see sig pic)

Old 10-18-2013 | 07:12 AM
BuffaloBill
Intermediate
Default 2014 Recall - Owners Only

Originally Posted by Moondogger
I want to start a thread where owners of 2014 Touring bikes can discuss the process of getting through the current hydraulic clutch recall.

PLEASE NO POLITICAL RANTS OR TALK ABOUT HOW YOU'RE GLAD YOU DIDN'T BUY A 2014 OR HOW 2014 MODELS SUCK, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.

I have a 2014 Steet Glide Special, purchased 3 weeks ago, 750 miles currently on the odometer.

I received an email from HD at around 8:30PM last night informing me of the recall. This morning I called my service advisor at the dealership and he said he didn't know much more than I did from reading the bulletin, but advised me not to ride the bike and that he'll keep me updated as he gets more info from HD corporate. He expected that they would be receiving the new parts next week and would schedule the repairs soon after.

About 20 min. later, my salesman called and said that they would schedule my bike to be picked up once the parts arrived, BUT in the meantime, they would give me a loaner bike from now until my bike is fixed.

I'm happy thus far as to how dealer is handling the recall and will keep you updated as the process continues.

-Alex
Heck I was left a message on my Cell stating that my bike was on the recall list and advised not to ride i already made plans for the Galveston rally onthe 31st and drove to the Republic harley spoke to the Service manager who told me that they had about 60 Vins in front of me when they get the parts late next week. iI asked ifi could get a loaner he chucled and said they would be glad to rent me a bike but after reading this thread i will be going back to discuss this option with the Sales manager We are at the mercy of the Stealer and I do not want to jepordise my service by upseting them
Glad to see some Dealer's know what good custoumer service means and take care of thier customers

Old 10-18-2013 | 07:13 AM
fat daddy
Road Master

Originally Posted by jasnusc
My 14 SGS is at the dealer now waiting for the parts to arrive tomorrow at 9:30am as MOCO agreed to overnight them.

I got a loaner through my extended service plan to take on my 4 day ride to the Grand Canyon and Sedona I had planned which Im on right now. Its a 13 Limited and its a total piece of sh!#!

Pretty bummed Im riding a loaner and with all the problems Im having with 14 bikes (Limited buy back and now this)

So take it back to the dealer a person with a chity attitude like you have shouldn't even be on a harley!!!!!!!

Old 10-18-2013 | 07:15 AM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
From: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.

The way I look at it is that it's a clutch issue. As in when you pull in the lever you have no clutch and the bike continues forward. No problem, hit the kill switch. Over the years I've ridden a few bikes with broken clutch cables. Some from choice, some out of necessity. Same thing here. Fortunately for me I'm not in the city and neither is my dealer. I don't plan to leave town or cruise the main drag, but I will enjoy the 100 miles ride to the dealer.

You folks do whatever you feel comfortable with. I am.

Old 10-18-2013 | 07:30 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by fat daddy
So take it back to the dealer a person with a chity attitude like you have shouldn't even be on a harley!!!!!!!

did you read what he has been through? considering that, i think he has a pretty decent attitude actually.

Quick Reply: Official 2014 Recall thread