Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Why Buy a 2014
Water Cooled
27.78%
Touch Screen
32.22%
Cause it has no miles
35.56%
Would never own a water cooled Harley w/Touch Screen
31.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Official 2014 Recall thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013 | 10:34 PM
harleymojoman
Tourer
Arrow recall viewpoint

Been riding my FLHXS for 10 days now with no problem. I'll ride it to my dealer when the fix is ready.
They personally called me today to explain the situation. They're not being told yet when the parts will be in. I'll have it done when they do my 1,000 mile service and replace me gas tank as well. Seems there was a nick in the paint when it arrived and they went ahead an ordered new tank.
Have you 6.5 Boom guys done your Infotainment software download yet? I did mine 2 days ago. You'll need an 8 gig USB stick and unzip the download. Once done you'll load the .iso file directly on the USB stick to install it. Directions are on HD website.

Old 10-17-2013 | 10:35 PM
TwinCooled
Banned

Originally Posted by SOCALHD
Yes, any dealership you decide to use, Will do the repairs. And, Yes I am sure this answer is correct
Yup, this is true. Priority on the otherhand...

Old 10-17-2013 | 10:39 PM
harleymojoman
Tourer

Mine called me personally to let me know. I'll ride it there for the fix.

Old 10-17-2013 | 10:40 PM
TwinCooled
Banned

Originally Posted by jmbear328
Well,.... its good to hear that you guys are getting better service than I was offered. I called up my dealer this morning to set up a time for them to come get my 14 Limited and they said they are not picking up any bikes at this time since they do not have the parts to make the repairs. I was informed that the parts are "expected" to be shipped to dealers 10-22-13, and that they would start scheduling pickups at that time. The service manager stated that at this time they are just telling people not to ride their bike. I said OK and asked if they were going to provide me a loaner until mine is fixed and I was promptly told no.
If a dealer decides to give you a loaner it is their sole decision based on customer good will. Dealers will get no reimbursement from the MoCo for loaners.
This is not a dealer issue it is a manufacturer issue. The dealer does not owe you a loaner. Please keep that in mind.

Old 10-17-2013 | 10:42 PM
MikeDCop
Tourer

I've got a bad a** car, a truck that I call my "beater with a heater" and a strong willed old lady that knows about the recall.

My bike is just fine sitting in the garage until my stealership is ready to pick it up next week.

Old 10-17-2013 | 10:51 PM
yokdriver
Tourer

Rode mine today to and from work (dealer is few blocks from work) and called them in the morning and they told me parts would get in next week so I told them ill drop it off Monday but not taking it on a little trip I had planned this weekend

Old 10-17-2013 | 10:56 PM
Glenbo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by white83
Just contact my local dealer in Indiana and he scheduled my pick up and told me that he was expecting parts next week so he scheduled it for pickup next Wednesday and told me this was a No Drive Condition so to wait for parts is just part of the game.

I work at a OEM and recalls are just a way of life for companies that assembly items, sometimes the supplier makes mistakes and sometime the poeple putting it together make mistakes it's all part of the buisness.
Buddy Stubbs HD Phoenix says parts are shipping from MC on 10/21 and they are expecting them 10/25ish.

Old 10-17-2013 | 11:12 PM
ks6c
Tourer

Originally Posted by Webo
...How is it any different than say Monday before we knew about the recall? ...
If you had died on Monday, your family would have been rich. Now, not so much....

Old 10-17-2013 | 11:16 PM
dusturbd
Road Captain

road mine to work and home today and will be going to Daytona on Saturday and will ride it to work on Monday.
will take it in when they have the parts to fix it.

Old 10-18-2013 | 12:18 AM
gotwages
Tourer

My dealer is dumb as $hit and it makes me mad. Plus living in Hawaii means it is going to be around the 25-29 until we gets parts here he said. I'm riding mine, don't have a choice. It's my only vehicle!!!

Quick Reply: Official 2014 Recall thread