Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Why Buy a 2014
Water Cooled
27.78%
Touch Screen
32.22%
Cause it has no miles
35.56%
Would never own a water cooled Harley w/Touch Screen
31.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Official 2014 Recall thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013 | 08:25 PM
iwillfixthem4u
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mesamark5
The Associated Press
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2013 - 4:32 pm
MILWAUKEE -- Harley-Davidson is voluntarily recalling some 2014 motorcycle models because of a possible safety issue.
The Milwaukee-based company says the recall of about 29,000 bikes includes a "Do Not Ride" notice to owners and a "Do Not Deliver" notice to dealers until the motorcycle is fixed.

Harley-Davidson says the hydraulic clutch system in some of the motorcycles might not disengage the clutch, making it hard to slow or stop.

Owners of affected motorcycles should arrange an inspection with an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer. The dealer will pick up, inspect and make the repairs at no cost.

The recalls affect Touring motorcycles models FLHTCU, FLHTK, FLHTP, FLHX, FLHXS, FLHTKSE and FLHRSE, plus Softail CVOs and Trikes, models FLHTCUTG, FXSBSE and FLSTNSE, built between May 3, 2013, and Oct. 2013
let me vent please: Harley has totally blown this 2014 model release. My first 2014 ultra puked and the Infotainment worked like crap. Harley bought it back. a replacement was ordered and I was due to pick it up today..now there is a recall and it can not be sold.. Harley called me after my first bike and told me how concerned they are and apologized. they then gave me their direct lines and told me to call if I have any concerns. Guess what not a one of them will return my calls......its all LIP SERVICE!!!!! HARLEY IS A COMPANY THAT JUST DOESNT GIVE A CRAP AND WE ARE ALL DUMB ENOUGH TO KEEP COMING BACK. nothing will change until we all change..IMO

Old 10-17-2013 | 08:28 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by iwillfixthem4u
let me vent please: Harley has totally blown this 2014 model release. My first 2014 ultra puked and the Infotainment worked like crap. Harley bought it back. a replacement was ordered and I was due to pick it up today..now there is a recall and it can not be sold.. Harley called me after my first bike and told me how concerned they are and apologized. they then gave me their direct lines and told me to call if I have any concerns. Guess what not a one of them will return my calls......its all LIP SERVICE!!!!! HARLEY IS A COMPANY THAT JUST DOESNT GIVE A CRAP AND WE ARE ALL DUMB ENOUGH TO KEEP COMING BACK. nothing will change until we all change..IMO
..according to some of the clowns around here..you are just a "hater"...seriously, I have followed your ordeal, and I am starting to get sick myself, over what happened to you, and others...one guy said the "Rushmore" was really, "Rush More out the Door"..I'm starting to believe it..

Old 10-17-2013 | 08:47 PM
bkgabby
Cruiser
Default Who's gonna ride their recalled 14's anyway?

Dang, I was looking forward to a nice weekend of riding. How many of y'all are gonna ride them till they give you a call to pick it up?

Old 10-17-2013 | 08:49 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member

You get a loaner ? I dont get no stinken loaner. My truck is going to be tied up for days
next week and my bike is my only other daily transportation. The dealer told me not to
ride the bike, this recall could be a hardship on some of us. I just knew I that bicycle may
come in handy one day.

Old 10-17-2013 | 08:51 PM
Webo
Road Warrior

I'm riding, just got back from a ride! How is it any different than say Monday before we knew about the recall? Just be aware and if you come to a stop and the bike wants to pull forward hit the kill switch. I have an appointment to drop my bike of Monday night if the parts come in so they can do the recall Tuesday. The tech said there is a chance they pop it open and the parts in the bike are not the part number that was recalled. So im riding!

Old 10-17-2013 | 08:55 PM
Webo
Road Warrior

I called today and made an appointment to drop the bike of Monday night for them to do the recall Tuesday, as long as the parts come in Monday. The tech said they had 2 new bikes that they opened up and the part numbers in the bike were not the part numbers recalled so they were good to go. I don't know if this is the truth, just what I was told.

Old 10-17-2013 | 09:02 PM
chopperguytampa
Tourer

I debated this all day and had a trip planned to biketoberfest but I decided that its not worth the risk for a weekend of riding. for HD to recall 25,000 bikes it must be a pretty serious issue and especially since they issued a DNR notice.

Old 10-17-2013 | 09:07 PM
PackersShirt
Cruiser

Here is what I was told:

1. I'm sure glad I didn't buy a 2014 MY 59 PANHEAD IS THE MOST TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED THING I EVER WANT.

Then I logged off this forum and talked to someone who wasn't a blowhard tool who spent more time posting than riding:

1a. We are taking names. We won't have parts or instructions for a week or so. Sorry.
2. We won't know anything until 10.21 and I'll let you know what I hear. Sorry.
3. We will get you in as soon as possible. Let me know if you need anything.

What the F*ck more do you (not OP, all the dicks that will comment in the negative) want. Sh*t happens. I don't trust the MoCo or stealers, but until I can smelt my own metal and forge my own pistons, this is the world in which I live. It's fine. Can we start a new forum where dudes that want to talk about motorcycles go?

Old 10-17-2013 | 09:21 PM
CJ Sedona
Tourer

I'm happy this recall happened . Means our bikes issue has been acknowledged and will be fixed quick and easy .

Old 10-17-2013 | 09:22 PM
hellbob37
Road Master

I think they should make an entire section for "2014 touring".....that's all I see anymore.

Quick Reply: Official 2014 Recall thread