Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Why Buy a 2014
Water Cooled
27.78%
Touch Screen
32.22%
Cause it has no miles
35.56%
Would never own a water cooled Harley w/Touch Screen
31.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Official 2014 Recall thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013 | 06:08 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by F34R
So, I'm wondering...

I'm picking up a 2014 FLHTCU tomorrow. It's obviously built between May 3, 2013, and Oct. 14, 2013 which is the dates on official HD website.

I'm going to ASSUME that they wouldn't sell this bike unless they've already fixed it. Tomorrow I will ask them lol.
maybe you will be picking it up , I thought I read in the recall they could not deliver any more till they were fixed and parts are shipping the 21st

Old 10-17-2013 | 06:14 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Coloradohunter
Just over 1200 miles on mine and it hasn't puked, the radio hasn't given me any fits and the clutch has been flawless.

But I will honor my dealers request and keep her in the garage until next week when they can pick her up and inspect/fix the clutch.

It's about time there was a problem I could participate in. I was starting to feel left out.
well I am sure MOCO is thrilled they could fit you in

Old 10-17-2013 | 06:41 PM
SAFTFIRST
Cruiser

I agree. After all, it's only 29,000 bikes. ((( L O L ))) !!!! Plus, my 2014 LTD has been "owned" by me for 6 weeks -- it's been at the dealer for 3 of those 6 weeks + counting since its awaiting a TSTAT housing AND the clutch repair. The dealer has all my money and the bike. So...its not small stuff to some of us.

Originally Posted by bobros
This all reminds me of all the whining, crying, and hating over the 2007's with the 5th gear whine that was being posted on this forum. It was almost the end of the world for some.

Every vehicle manufacturer has had recalls. and there will be more in the future. My car and my wife's car both had recalls in the last year. Welcome to an imperfect world.
My recommendation, don't sweat the small stuff.

Old 10-17-2013 | 06:53 PM
F34R
Tourer

Originally Posted by lazye
I ordered a SGS 6 weeks ago, it came in Monday the 14th. I added many extras. Went to the dealer yesterday a gave them a cashiers check for $ 34.5 K. They said the bike wouldn't be ready until today. Got a call at 11 to come get it. Got there at 12 only to learn I could not have my bike due to the recall. Now they have my money and I got nothing but my old parts while my bike is parked at HD. I hope they don't put me on the backburner now that they have my cash. I think I'm gonna ask for a loaner on Monday. What would any of you guys do?
I feel like Charlie Brown now.
I did the same thing today, delivered a pretty large check, but the bike is in the back until it's fixed. I took a loaner.
Originally Posted by SharkBait13
The dealer has been paid for my bike also. I've had it a month. Dropped it off today for the recall and I don't expect to see it for at least a week. I don't expect a loaner why should you? Life happens bro, roll with it. Enjoy your new bike when you do get it! I'm sure yours will be one of the first out of the service dept when the recall parts arrive.
While you don't EXPECT a loaner, it doesn't hurt at all to mention the idea. The dealer mentioned it to me. It didn't even cross my mind. He explained why I couldn't take the brand new bike I just paid for and told me he would make up for it with a loaner. Done.

Originally Posted by 1st 96 ultra
maybe you will be picking it up , I thought I read in the recall they could not deliver any more till they were fixed and parts are shipping the 21st
Nope. I'll be getting it Monday. That's when he said the parts would be in, and I'll be able to get it later that afternoon.

Old 10-17-2013 | 07:10 PM
lowend73
Tourer
Veteran: Navy

Dropped mine off this morning. They said it would be two weeks. They gave me a loaner in the meantime. SD Harley gets no complaimts from me..

Old 10-17-2013 | 07:30 PM
dusturbd
Road Captain

well I for one will not be just dropping off my bike to sit for weeks, it is my daily transportation to and from work and I have not even had a hint of clutch problems.
besides I have been riding long enough that I have had more than 1 clutch cable break while on the road this would be no different.
when they have the parts I will take it in.

Old 10-17-2013 | 07:49 PM
chopperguytampa
Tourer

Originally Posted by dusturbd
well I for one will not be just dropping off my bike to sit for weeks, it is my daily transportation to and from work and I have not even had a hint of clutch problems.
besides I have been riding long enough that I have had more than 1 clutch cable break while on the road this would be no different.
when they have the parts I will take it in.

I think this clutch problem is a little different. The clutch is actully getting stuck engaged and wont disengage when let off therefore creating a problem. When a clutch cable breaks, the clutch used to disengage automatically correct? Thats a diff scenario.

Old 10-17-2013 | 07:56 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by chopperguytampa
When a clutch cable breaks, the clutch used to disengage automatically correct?
think you have that backwards, if that were the case, then you would have to be riding around all the time with your clutch lever pulled in.

Old 10-17-2013 | 08:16 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by chopperguytampa
I think this clutch problem is a little different. The clutch is actully getting stuck engaged and wont disengage when let off therefore creating a problem. When a clutch cable breaks, the clutch used to disengage automatically correct? Thats a diff scenario.
Just wow. You have no idea how a clutch works do you? lol
It's ok if you don't but dang man... I'm pulling your man card.

lp

Old 10-17-2013 | 08:22 PM
Moondogger
Cruiser
Default 2014 Recall - Owners Only

I want to start a thread where owners of 2014 Touring bikes can discuss the process of getting through the current hydraulic clutch recall.

PLEASE NO POLITICAL RANTS OR TALK ABOUT HOW YOU'RE GLAD YOU DIDN'T BUY A 2014 OR HOW 2014 MODELS SUCK, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.

I have a 2014 Steet Glide Special, purchased 3 weeks ago, 750 miles currently on the odometer.

I received an email from HD at around 8:30PM last night informing me of the recall. This morning I called my service advisor at the dealership and he said he didn't know much more than I did from reading the bulletin, but advised me not to ride the bike and that he'll keep me updated as he gets more info from HD corporate. He expected that they would be receiving the new parts next week and would schedule the repairs soon after.

About 20 min. later, my salesman called and said that they would schedule my bike to be picked up once the parts arrived, BUT in the meantime, they would give me a loaner bike from now until my bike is fixed.

I'm happy thus far as to how dealer is handling the recall and will keep you updated as the process continues.

-Alex

Quick Reply: Official 2014 Recall thread