Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Why Buy a 2014
Water Cooled
27.78%
Touch Screen
32.22%
Cause it has no miles
35.56%
Would never own a water cooled Harley w/Touch Screen
31.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Official 2014 Recall thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013 | 04:47 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tony P
True. When purchasing a new or updated car or bike, it's always best to wait until the end of the model year when the bugs are worked out.

When it's all said and done the 14' touring bikes will be some of the best in the history of the brand.
AMEN!

Not going to say I won't move on one at some point but I assure you I won't be a guinea pig for anyone, not even HD. I'll wait til all you guys figure this out then I might look into it.

The infotainment system that everyone it bitching about.. well it can all be fixed with software upgrades and I'm certain there will be plenty of software upgrades for it.

The hydraulic clutch issues, they've apparently figured out and are fixing.

The cooling "puking" issues, well they'll figure that out too

In the meantime.. I'm going ride the **** out of my 12 FLHTK..

Old 10-17-2013 | 04:48 PM
jmcdermit
Tourer

Originally Posted by ejvette
Thank you ....you took the words right out of my mouth
I was just expressing my disappointed I was hoping to enjoy my new ride for a week before the surgery but I can hobble out to the garage on my crutches and look at it lol.
And start it of course!

Old 10-17-2013 | 04:52 PM
Coloradohunter
Tourer

Just over 1200 miles on mine and it hasn't puked, the radio hasn't given me any fits and the clutch has been flawless.

But I will honor my dealers request and keep her in the garage until next week when they can pick her up and inspect/fix the clutch.

It's about time there was a problem I could participate in. I was starting to feel left out.

Old 10-17-2013 | 04:52 PM
TwinCooled
Banned

Originally Posted by lazye
I ordered a SGS 6 weeks ago, it came in Monday the 14th. I added many extras. Went to the dealer yesterday a gave them a cashiers check for $ 34.5 K. They said the bike wouldn't be ready until today. Got a call at 11 to come get it. Got there at 12 only to learn I could not have my bike due to the recall. Now they have my money and I got nothing but my old parts while my bike is parked at HD. I hope they don't put me on the backburner now that they have my cash. I think I'm gonna ask for a loaner on Monday. What would any of you guys do?
I feel like Charlie Brown now.
The dealer has been paid for my bike also. I've had it a month. Dropped it off today for the recall and I don't expect to see it for at least a week. I don't expect a loaner why should you? Life happens bro, roll with it. Enjoy your new bike when you do get it! I'm sure yours will be one of the first out of the service dept when the recall parts arrive.

Old 10-17-2013 | 04:56 PM
bobros
Road Warrior

This all reminds me of all the whining, crying, and hating over the 2007's with the 5th gear whine that was being posted on this forum. It was almost the end of the world for some.

Every vehicle manufacturer has had recalls. and there will be more in the future. My car and my wife's car both had recalls in the last year. Welcome to an imperfect world.
My recommendation, don't sweat the small stuff.

Old 10-17-2013 | 05:33 PM
GSHOG
Tourer

I called my dealer service department to arrange a date/time for the clutch recall fix. They explained they cannot make an appointment at this time as they do not know when the parts/procedure from HD will arrive. Asked me to call back next week.
I then called HD customer support and asked the plan to provide parts to dealers. They said they "hope" to have the parts out next Monday or Tuesday, to arrive late in the week and to get in touch with the dealer at that time. It looks like this will carry over to the following week before the dealers will be ready to schedule appointments to correct this problem.
So, if we follow the MoCo recommendations, we are left sitting waiting a week to ten days before we can ride again...
At least my coolant wasn't leaking!

Old 10-17-2013 | 05:36 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by GSHOG
I called my dealer service department to arrange a date/time for the clutch recall fix. They explained they cannot make an appointment at this time as they do not know when the parts/procedure from HD will arrive. Asked me to call back next week.
I then called HD customer support and asked the plan to provide parts to dealers. They said they "hope" to have the parts out next Monday or Tuesday, to arrive late in the week and to get in touch with the dealer at that time. It looks like this will carry over to the following week before the dealers will be ready to schedule appointments to correct this problem.
So, if we follow the MoCo recommendations, we are left sitting waiting a week to ten days before we can ride again...
At least my coolant wasn't leaking!
At least they give you a rental while your bike is down...

Old 10-17-2013 | 05:36 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Arrow 2014 hyd clutch recall

Sorry, I see there is already a thread.

Last edited by nytryder; 10-17-2013 at 05:44 PM. Reason: duplicate thread
Old 10-17-2013 | 05:41 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Old 10-17-2013 | 06:02 PM
Stacy73
Advanced

Change of plans. Taking the car for the weekend. Not willing to chance an accident that no one will pay for. Been called twice by my dealer and received an email. No way I could say I didn't know about the problem.

Quick Reply: Official 2014 Recall thread