Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking For A Reasonably Priced Lift For An Ultra Limited - Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 09:17 PM
GOBOGIE
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking For A Reasonably Priced Lift For An Ultra Limited - Recommendations?

As the title reads. Looking for a lift to do general maint. and cleaning on my '14 Ultra Limited (planned late winter purchase - if there's any left).

I've looked online at Sear's website. A buddy has a 2012 Ultra Classic and says he bought a cheap Sears lift and hasn't had any problems but I'm not a big fan of how wobbly it was when I was at his house and saw the bike on it. He's brave is all I can say.

Recommendations? Hoping to stay under $200

Thanks In Advance,
Cory

Old 10-13-2013, 09:23 PM
rockajet1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try Northern Freight. They have a website if there is not one local to you. I have one of their's. Made in China and I have had to change the bottle jack once, but it gets your bike off the ground 18" and is very stable. Can't go wrong for the money.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:33 PM
rbb469
Intermediate

I purchased one from TSC- tractor supply company. Under 200 and works great for my SG.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Sprinter7x
Cruiser

I have the harbor freight hi-lift jack,works great and in your price range.

Last edited by Sprinter7x; 10-13-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:16 PM
hdking13
Cruiser

I have a harbor freight as well. Use it every week for cleaning and inspections. Never had a problem.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

I've got the Sears "Yellow" lift, love it!

Old 10-13-2013, 10:52 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,377 Likes on 2,547 Posts

i had a pep boys jack. very similar to the sears, harbor freight, et all..... gave it away and got myself a j&s jack. sure it's more expensive, but it is definitely worth it. very stable, no tie downs needed. you can even move your bike around your garage with it on the lift.

check with some of your local harley dealers (or call j&s to see who the closest retailer is) to see if they sell it, that would save you the shipping. the factory is in wi, so they may have a contract with hd close to you. i got mine at a hd dealer in wi, and they did mention that they wholesale to several states....

Old 10-13-2013, 11:20 PM
Sc0-
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Besides not meeting your budget, I would recommend the J&S. (Could also look on local Craigslists.) I have borrowed and used a Harbor Freight jack/lift from a friend and it did get the job done, afterwards I promptly returned it and ordered a J&S. Mainly for my safety and the safety of my sled when it goes airborne.

As a bonus my jack sits outside and has no problems rolling over pebbles, acorns, or cracks in the concrete. I have used it a bunch now and the hardest part about using it is getting it centered under the frame, after that it is quick and stable which makes it easier to do the maintenance needed. (The J&S hydraulic jack is Chinese though, good quality but still Chinese. I was dissapointed to see the sticker afterwards but I guess it matches my $400 Ranger floor jack for my car which used to be an American Company...)

Old 10-14-2013, 03:22 AM
Rkoetting
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would also try to stretch the budget to a J&S. It really is a super stable, quality piece of equipment. When you have 900 pounds balanced in the air, as you are lying under it cussing the last person who over tightened the derby cover screws, the last thing you want to be worried about is whether Xi **** Woo Hoo really got good penetration on the welds holding your $25K+ scoot over your vulnerable body...

Old 10-14-2013, 04:30 AM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

patience and diligent shopping will get you a very nice lift at your budget price. My Pitbull air lift that's on sale for $599 cost me $225 and a 2 hour drive. Worth every penny. My yellow Sears sits unused in the corner waiting to be transformed into a mower lift

Quick Reply: Looking For A Reasonably Priced Lift For An Ultra Limited - Recommendations?