Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If we can't have a forum just for 2014 problems...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 06:29 AM
jus2anoyu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default If we can't have a forum just for 2014 problems...

Can we have a forum for everyone else? I've noticed that the first 2 pages of the forum (on mobile) are almost all about the 2014 bikes and problems. I know, that's how new models work. But in the interest of 'surfing' I have no interest in the 2014 models and it's almost depressing how many people have bought these bikes and having problems. All I can do is read the story. Nothing constructive to add as an owner of a reliable old sled.

I hope all these new owners can find some resolution, but in the mean time, the touring section doesn't offer much for guys like me. So how about a forum titled 'touring 2013 and older'.....???

Old 10-13-2013, 07:05 AM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jus2anoyu
Can we have a forum for everyone else? I've noticed that the first 2 pages of the forum (on mobile) are almost all about the 2014 bikes and problems. I know, that's how new models work. But in the interest of 'surfing' I have no interest in the 2014 models and it's almost depressing how many people have bought these bikes and having problems. All I can do is read the story. Nothing constructive to add as an owner of a reliable old sled.

I hope all these new owners can find some resolution, but in the mean time, the touring section doesn't offer much for guys like me. So how about a forum titled 'touring 2013 and older'.....???
Its been addressed ad nauseum. Not gonna happen.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:17 AM
jus2anoyu
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by MontyCop05
Its been addressed ad nauseum. Not gonna happen.
I'm not surprised. Just wanted to add a vote to the list. Seems like harley stepped on their dick on these new models. Oh well...

Old 10-13-2013, 07:20 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,836 Likes on 1,596 Posts

I'm not surprised. Just wanted to add a vote to the list. Seems like harley stepped on their dick on these new models. Oh well...
Good reason to talk about it. Or we can just start another oil thread. That would be fun...

lp

Old 10-13-2013, 07:28 AM
jus2anoyu
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by lp
Good reason to talk about it. Or we can just start another oil thread. That would be fun...

lp
Actually the last oil thread I read was pretty entertaining. Guys got so serious like people were slandering their mothers. Winter is just around the corner. Just mentioning an oil thread is bad karma this time of year....

Old 10-13-2013, 07:44 AM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lp

lp
Actually the last oil thread I read was pretty entertaining. Guys got so serious like people were slandering their mothers. Winter is just around the corner. Just mentioning an oil thread is bad karma this time of year....
How about an oil thread for "other" uses for oil...and the performance of synth vs dino in these "other" uses...

Old 10-13-2013, 07:53 AM
jus2anoyu
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Guitardude
How about an oil thread for "other" uses for oil...and the performance of synth vs dino in these "other" uses...
Other uses?

Old 10-13-2013, 08:00 AM
brewdog
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm tired of seeing NOTHING but 2014 touring problems. Call it "problems" who cares, just get it off of here.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:06 AM
jus2anoyu
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by brewdog
I'm tired of seeing NOTHING but 2014 touring problems. Call it "problems" who cares, just get it off of here.
Easy there dog. We gotta be a little sympathetic, but I feel ya. These guys are a combination of newbies and old riders throwing out everything from poor designs to not understanding how to answer their cell phone while riding! I can remember when my bike was new. The 2006 models had injector issues and a new hk radio. Yeah, big deal. In 2009 there was a new frame and subsequent compensator and several other problems. But I can't remember a time when 90% of the posts were about new model problems. It sucks to be a proud owner of a 2014 when your bike is sitting in the dealership impound waiting on a resolution, and you haven't even made the first payment.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:13 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

I was at a house party last night and got into a discussion with a knowledgeable and mechanically competant youngster that owns a Night-Train. I rarely meet people mechanically knowledgable as this young man face to face discussing e every aspect of the bikes we ride . I brought up this exact point with him, he said to me what he doesnt know how to do he has a good friend thats a very experienced mechanic at one of the dealerships in our valley. According to his good friend who services all models all day long there are no real problems with the 2014s. Hes actually going to look at a second bike today and confident enough in doing so. I got to know him well enough during our tech chats that I believe his confidence is valid and that perhaps were only hearing a slanted opinion on the matter.

Last edited by TUCCI; 10-13-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Quick Reply: If we can't have a forum just for 2014 problems...