Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If we can't have a forum just for 2014 problems...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Harley Hound57
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the funny part is the guys that don't own a 2014 or have any experience with them are doing all the bashing of the 2014s.
Just because a few have had a coolant leak that doesn't mean all the 2014s are having problems.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:15 AM
mwegryn
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For those that are sick of reading about it, ignore the threads. I don't necessarily need to read about issues with older models, but someone else with a problem on this forum may benefit from reading it, and that's why some people are here. Most of us are amateurs (myself included), and the other handful are legit and self proclaimed professionals. There may be a decent number of 14's with issues, but they came here looking for help. For the record, my dealer has only had one come back, and that was because the guy picked up a roofing nail in his rear tire. According to Jus2anoyu's statistics though, I'm glad to say I am in the lucky 10% that has not had my bike impounded.
Can't wait to see all of the trash talkers posting pics of their newly purchased 14's in a couple more years

Old 10-13-2013, 09:21 AM
jus2anoyu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mwegryn
For those that are sick of reading about it, ignore the threads. I don't necessarily need to read about issues with older models, but someone else with a problem on this forum may benefit from reading it, and that's why some people are here. Most of us are amateurs (myself included), and the other handful are legit and self proclaimed professionals. There may be a decent number of 14's with issues, but they came here looking for help. For the record, my dealer has only had one come back, and that was because the guy picked up a roofing nail in his rear tire. According to Jus2anoyu's statistics though, I'm glad to say I am in the lucky 10% that has not had my bike impounded.
Can't wait to see all of the trash talkers posting pics of their newly purchased 14's in a couple more years
Just to be clear, I'm not talking trash. I'm also not suggesting that 2014 owners be banned from the touring section. If you actually read my posts, my suggestion would make it easier for both groups to get the info that they need. If you own a 2014 you don't care about the older models. If you own an older model, you have nothing to add to owners of 2014 models. It really might as well be a totally different bike. I'm not bashing anyone. Just suggesting a way to get people to the information they seek...

Old 10-13-2013, 09:33 AM
TwoBlue02
Road Captain
Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts

I would like to start an oil thread just for 14 models!

Old 10-13-2013, 09:33 AM
mwegryn
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Every model year release, the forum will be inundated with folks that have problems or general questions about their new scoot. Next we'll be reading about the new Road Glide when it returns...it is what it is. The bottom line is bike forums are supposed to be a place for people to trouble shoot, or just BS about their bikes.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 394 Likes on 151 Posts

I think part of the problem is everyone that has bought a 14 model has, instead of posting on a thread that has already been started on whatever issue they will start a new thread stating the same issues, good, bad, or indifferent. So there are several repeat threads flooding the forum. I think I counted 4-5 just on the coolant issue alone. I own a 14 Limited (no issues by the way) and a 11 SG and I look for GOOD info on both old and new. So I do understand what the OP is saying.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:39 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

This:
Originally Posted by TUCCI
......perhaps were only hearing a slanted opinion on the matter.

And this:
Originally Posted by MontyCop05
.....they haven't had one of their watercooled bikes come back for anything other than the 1st service or to get goodies installed.

I regularly visit 2 dealers here in the San Antonio area, the other 2 not as much. ONE of those dealers is one of the largest volume dealers in Texas and has heard of problems with the 2014 models.... because a couple of the salesmen and mechanics are members of THIS forum.

But they have not seen any first hand.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:54 AM
imskier2
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jus2anoyu
Just to be clear, I'm not talking trash. I'm also not suggesting that 2014 owners be banned from the touring section. If you actually read my posts, my suggestion would make it easier for both groups to get the info that they need. If you own a 2014 you don't care about the older models. If you own an older model, you have nothing to add to owners of 2014 models. It really might as well be a totally different bike. I'm not bashing anyone. Just suggesting a way to get people to the information they seek...
I'm kinda with you and can understand where you are coming from. I have been riding 2 wheel vehicles for about 54 years and I have had all kinds the last two Harleys my latest is an 09 with 78k on the clock and I will keep it for 2 more years. I do enjoy and have learned as well as had questions answered on this forum.

It wouldn't bother me to have it seperated just like other models are. I would still read both as in a couple of years I will be looking at a new bike and as said before I will have a clue as to what the problems are or were with certain models. I am a road captain and officer in my local HOG chapter and I am the one most of the riders ask questions to as they have problems on there bikes, so it is nice to be able to say I heard that this or that was a issue on the 14's. It could or could not be your problem but you could check on that first. I have solved a lot of problems on the road with Info that I learned on here.

So I will continue to read almost everything in the Touring area. I subscribe to a Trike thread as well even though I don't own one, just to see what problems they are having.
I'm not getting any younger and one day I might have one of those three wheel things.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:04 AM
bkgabby
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol...Last weekend I posted why isn't there a sticky for the 2014 with problems and it got shut down by the site. I own a 2014 limited with no problems and I also get tired of wading through all the problem posts...is that a reason to shut down my post?!

Old 10-13-2013, 10:12 AM
hogowner69
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put a deposit on a SG Special....at least..other then a few minor problems with the radio.....I only heard GREAT things about the '14's in this model

Quick Reply: If we can't have a forum just for 2014 problems...