Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Luggage Bags for an Ultra??? Need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 04:41 PM
dchoran
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Luggage Bags for an Ultra??? Need advice.

I'm going to be taking somesolo road trips this spring/summer on my Ultra.

Looking for tips/experience on the best luggage to prop up on the passengers seat - between my backrest and the passenger's backrest (preferably) or on top of the tour pak (less desired - will be full of camera/video gear). Need a nice waterproof bag that goes on and off easily.

Seems to be a gazillion choices - hope to hear from you guys withexperience. Model numbers / names / pics would also help.

Harley??? Kuryakyn??? J&P???

THANKS in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2007, 04:44 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Best Luggage Bags for an Ultra??? Need advice.

look at kuryaken.. I think its the countour bag

Old 03-10-2007, 04:47 PM
recross
Tourer

cabelas...waterproof bags we've used for years...sea line...all of them totally waterproof...not just weatherproof.....as you said there are a lot...these work for us........BC

Old 03-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

If you're interested in a really great bag for the luggage rack; I use a T-Bags Dekker Supreme. Had it about 2 years now, absolutely love it! It's perfect. Fits the rack exactly right, has plenty of interior padding for shape and protection (it's removable) has compartments all over the place. The side ones zip off and you can buckle em on like a fanny pack. It has a built in rain cover that goes over the whole pack to protect everything inside. I also use it primarily for all my expensive camera/video stuff along with whatever else. Very strongly recommend the Dekker Supreme! Good luck.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:53 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

if your on a budget,,, I reuse the plastic grocery bags,, I found the paper ones leak! lol

Old 03-10-2007, 05:41 PM
dchoran
Road Warrior

Thanks for the leads. Looks likeT-Bag's gonna do the trick.

Anybody got one of these guys???

Happy with it???

OK with a backrest too???

>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>

DresserĀ® Backseat Bag

This unique T-BagĀ® doubles your dresserĀ® trunk capacity and provides a full support backrest when completely packed. It fits BMW, Harley-DavidsonĀ® and Honda Gold Wing models and simply mounts on passenger seat with an exceptionally stable mounting system. The Backseat Bag is made of tough colorfast 1680d nylon material and insulated with high density closed cell foam. The rigid design maintains shape when empty. Easy-access side pockets include an external organizer. You'll also get a built-in bungee bottom external rain cover and padded backpack straps that stow in their own zippered compartment. Equipped with 8 nylon bungee attachment loops for added tie down points. Measures 18"H x 17"W x 12"D. Capacity is 2.13 cu. ft.

[/align]

Old 03-10-2007, 05:58 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

I have a Kuryakyn Grand Tour bag that I may part with. Only used it once, and I now have a King Tour Pack. It comes with a waterproof cover too.
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp...ey&ci=3075

Bob

Old 03-10-2007, 06:44 PM
dan boudreau
Cruiser

Try nelson riggs

Old 03-10-2007, 10:48 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Ugly Troll

If you're interested in a really great bag for the luggage rack; I use a T-Bags Dekker Supreme. Had it about 2 years now, absolutely love it! It's perfect. Fits the rack exactly right, has plenty of interior padding for shape and protection (it's removable) has compartments all over the place. The side ones zip off and you can buckle em on like a fanny pack. It has a built in rain cover that goes over the whole pack to protect everything inside. I also use it primarily for all my expensive camera/video stuff along with whatever else. Very strongly recommend the Dekker Supreme! Good luck.
Have the same bag for my Ultra. Works great and for electronics equipment it can't be beat. It has 1" foam padding all the way round and below your equipment. Mounts on the luggage rack with four clip style snap clousers and is on and of in seconds.

STANDARD FEATURES:

Removable 1" thick rigid foam walls help protect camera and computer equipment, and can
be removed when additional storage space is needed

External organizer keeps maps, phone and hand-held computer handy

Side pockets zip off and become fanny packs

Two additional outside pockets for quick access

4 straps with quick release buckles keep bag secure

Built-in bungee bottom external rain cover for all weather protection

Harley-Davidson Premium Tour PakĀ® rack required

Dimensions - with fanny pack pockets 10 1/2" H x 27 1/2" W x 14 1/2" D
Dimensions - without fanny packs 10 1/2" H x 21 1/2" W x 14 1/2" D
Capacity is 1.0 cu ft with foam
Capacity is 1.2 cu ft with pockets
Capacity is 1.6 cu ft without foam

Old 03-11-2007, 05:00 PM
JMynes
Stage IV

I have the Dekker Backseat Bag and the Dekker Supreme.

The Supreme is great, it fits the luggage rack perfectly and holds lots of stuff. The padding will protect even your most delicate family jewels, should you decide to transport them there.

The Backseat Bag is great, too. It's roomy and holds lots of stuff. Has the same type of rain cover the Supreme has. But, since you asked, it does NOT work with my driver's backrest. Had to take that off and lean against the bag, which was just as comfy as the backrest.

If you have your tourpak relocated rearward, it should work with the backrest. I may try that this year.

Need more storage? I highly recommend a Bushtec trailer. I hauled mine from Maine to NC and back, had to keep looking in the mirror to make sure it was still there. NOW your talking storage! And it works just fine with a driver's backrest.

Quick Reply: Best Luggage Bags for an Ultra??? Need advice.