Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Came | | close to getting the 2014 Ultra today

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 02:13 PM
F34R
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Came | | close to getting the 2014 Ultra today

Ugh...

I'm frustrated right now.

Suggestions/advice.... I need. lol

Ok, so I'm working on a loan consolidation with my bank. I'm moving a couple things around, and it put me at a position to have a decent amount to trade my 2011 Fat Boy Lo in.

It only has 3409 miles on it, and I was given a $12,250.00 trade amount. I owe $13,190.00 on it. No biggie. The difference isn't that much. I can deal with it.

So, I go to talk some numbers on the price of a 2014 Ultra (classic), that has security with it, and everything else standard. I was looking to walk out the door with it at $22,000-$23,000... nothing more.

Really, they got it "down to" $25,100 otd. I told them.. come down to $23,500 and you'll have the certified check within a couple hours.

No go. He said there isn't any way they can come down any more than that. I can't see myself paying that much over what they paid (invoice) for the bike.

I mean, how many people go for it, MSRP, and just ride away while they take that $7,000.00 above invoice, but won't take the time to make a deal with someone. /shrug.

Just frustrated.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:22 PM
risuperglidecustomman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just let them sit on it! Go back in the middle of winter! They need to be humbled!

Old 10-11-2013, 02:34 PM
F34R
Tourer

Originally Posted by risuperglidecustomman
Just let them sit on it! Go back in the middle of winter! They need to be humbled!
I was thinking just that... but this consolidation loan will be closed this coming week at the latest. It's basically a refinance with better interest rates on the current Lo and my truck. With the way it is, if I trade in the Lo, and come out at $23,500 (max), I'll actually be paying less per month for the 2014 Ultra/Truck vs 2011 Lo/Truck.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

New model year has just came out, weather is still good...you're not going to get a good deal on a '14 right now.
Be patient & try it again about February when they're not moving any bikes & I bet the outcome will be different.
If not, shop around at another dealer.

edit...just saw your last comment, so try the last option above....another dealer.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:37 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts

If you can tuck that money away for now and visit the dealer when the snow is on the ground......

Old 10-11-2013, 02:41 PM
F34R
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sharkman73
New model year has just came out, weather is still good...you're not going to get a good deal on a '14 right now.
Be patient & try it again about February when they're not moving any bikes & I bet the outcome will be different.
If not, shop around at another dealer.

edit...just saw your last comment, so try the last option above....another dealer.
This is my second dealer. The first was going with MSRP + the fake dealer prep/paperwork fees... $25,500....

It's just hard for me to come to terms with such a high profit not being dealt down when someone wants a better price. I mean, they get plenty of sales where people just come in and pay top dollar. Cutting some doesn't seem to be an option. It's like they have no soul. Maybe that sounds harsh, but that's how I feel about it.

If it doesn't happen now, I'm certainly not going to go looking again. I mean, I have the Lo, and I do enjoy it. It was just a nice gesture on my banks part to give me the opportunity to do a newer bike. The truck will be consolidated with the Lo, and I'll save some money. Was just really excited to have the chance.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 391 Likes on 220 Posts

Not sure it'll be much better in the winter for him since he's trading. In fact book price on the FB may drop. Does the $25,100 they quote include everything; tax, doc, freight, prep, etc? Minus the $12,250 trade so you'd write the check for $12,850?

Old 10-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by F34R
.. It's just hard for me to come to terms with such a high profit not being dealt down when someone wants a better price. I mean, they get plenty of sales where people just come in and pay top dollar. Cutting some doesn't seem to be an option. It's like they have no soul.
If they get plenty of sales at top dollar, they have no incentive to give you a deal. You want special treatment in a supply/demand market. They are in business to make $ and as long as people are paying top dollar... No deals... Just business.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 856 Likes on 297 Posts

Dealers have allot of overhead and personally I think they have the need for profit to stay in the business they are in. As pointed out. It mainly a seasonal business. When they are not selling bikes they have to pay the Mortgage, lights, and help to have a dealer that is open and makes any profit in the big scheme of things. That being said, I do not think there is anything wrong with an MSRP on a 14 right now. In most cases they are being sold as soon as they hit the floor. If I were you make them come up on the price of your bike, and tell them that is your MSRP, and you will pay their MRSP. Just a different perspective and approach...... In the end, they need to make money. If you do not buy that bike it someone else will.......

Old 10-11-2013, 03:28 PM
F34R
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ridewva
Not sure it'll be much better in the winter for him since he's trading. In fact book price on the FB may drop. Does the $25,100 they quote include everything; tax, doc, freight, prep, etc? Minus the $12,250 trade so you'd write the check for $12,850?
It includes everything. That includes the trade. $13,190 is the payoff. So they are paying the bike off, and then I'm paying for the new bike.

Originally Posted by Weavr99FLHT
If they get plenty of sales at top dollar, they have no incentive to give you a deal. You want special treatment in a supply/demand market. They are in business to make $ and as long as people are paying top dollar... No deals... Just business.
Yeah, I understand that part. Maybe it's just the kind of person I am to not over do it I guess. If I'm selling something, and someone is willing to pay the MSRP + fees, by all means... however, if someone is trying to get a decent price, but is still paying over invoice, I'd do it.

I mean, they are adding 37% of the cost of the bike to the price. I don't mind paying the sales tax, difference in the trade value/payoff, and at least meet me half way between invoice and MSRP. They'd still be making 2500-3000 on the bike. It would be a fair price in my opinion.

Last edited by F34R; 10-11-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Came | | close to getting the 2014 Ultra today