Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Came | | close to getting the 2014 Ultra today

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 02:27 PM
bingram1
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by F34R
It's not even a good deal right now, and even if the $600 more would come off, it still isn't a good deal. I mean.. a good deal would be $21000 otd, and they STILL make $3k off of it lol.

I digress.... I guess I'm clueless how they'd let a bike sit for three weeks, and then have the opportunity to make just under 6K on it, but wont because they want to make just over 6K.
I just feel so bad for you because you are missing out on one of the best bikes Harley has ever built. Dont worry your temptation will be gone soon. I'm sure someone else will come along and give the dealer the price he is looking for. Just hope you dont find out it was just a few more $$ than what you were willing to pay.

Old 10-12-2013, 02:29 PM
F34R
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bingram1
I just feel so bad for you because you are missing out on one of the best bikes Harley has ever built. Dont worry your temptation will be gone soon. I'm sure someone else will come along and give the dealer the price he is looking for. Just hope you dont find out it was just a few more $$ than what you were willing to pay.
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to talk to another dealer on Tuesday, and if he'll come down, that will be that. I have 18 more days with the bank, so we'll see what happens. Maybe this dealer will call me in a week or so and do it then if the bike hasn't sold.

/shrugs...

Old 10-12-2013, 02:57 PM
J_ULTRA
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by F34R
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to talk to another dealer on Tuesday, and if he'll come down, that will be that. I have 18 more days with the bank, so we'll see what happens. Maybe this dealer will call me in a week or so and do it then if the bike hasn't sold.

/shrugs...
Don't be in such a rush to get deeper in debt. This is a new model with significant new changes that might need to be "tweaked". Why be a guinea pig for them. There will always be a price to pay for the latest and greatest. On the other hand if you don't go down to the dealer right now and give him what he wants that guy standing behind you will be more than happy to ride home on your new bike, lol.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

As others have said, the dealer needs to make all the $ they can during the riding season because soon their sales will dry up and they will need to live off their summer profits to last till Spring.

You seem to be hung up more on determining their profit than determining which bike you will be able to ride. Maybe your priorities are what is making you upset.

Most dealers have more customers than bikes for these hot new Rushmore bikes. You can get a better deal on less popular bikes, but right now these are selling like popcorn.

How you gonna feel when you ride down the street, and pass some other biker on "your bike"

Go in and have the dealer throw in your first service, and ride it home.

Are you going to be happier riding the bike, or watching your money in the bank.

This winter, when you might be able to get a better deal on your Ultra, you will also get less for your current bike. Kinda works out that way.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Guy4oj
Novice

You guys crack me up. Living in florida i find it very humorous to hear that the riding season is over and to wait til February. The only seasons we have down here - starting in january- nice riding weather, bike week weather, getting hot, really hot, back to not as hot, bike week weather and then back to nice riding weather.. haha

Old 10-12-2013, 04:41 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 1,601 Posts

I've had several dealers in SC quote me anywhere from 1000-1500 below MSRP with no setup or freight but never and I mean never have I heard of a dealer coming anywhere near "Invoice" on a Harley (doesn't mean it doesn't happen only that I've never heard of it).

You can get Invoice or Dealer Hold back prices on like GM vehicles when there are 60 cars on the lot but Harleys? These bikes are luxury items. Fall, Spring, Winter, Summer doesn't mean anything. They'll wait you out regardless... Someone else will pull up and be happy to pay MSRP. And with these being a new model. Might as well hold your breath. Gonna be awhile before real "deals" can be made. Like years...

I'd sell the Lo privately, get ya an extra grand out of it and go get you that 14. Call it a day.

lp

Old 10-12-2013, 05:01 PM
F34R
Tourer

Originally Posted by Uncle Paul
As others have said, the dealer needs to make all the $ they can during the riding season because soon their sales will dry up and they will need to live off their summer profits to last till Spring.

You seem to be hung up more on determining their profit than determining which bike you will be able to ride. Maybe your priorities are what is making you upset.

It's not necessarily my priorities at all. It's just the fact that I have x amount of money for the bike. I could completely understand if I was only able to pay $20,000 for the bike. Even though they still make a profit off of that for the Ultra.. albeit a small one.

However, them making just under $6K with what I have available... makes me shake my head.

Most dealers have more customers than bikes for these hot new Rushmore bikes. You can get a better deal on less popular bikes, but right now these are selling like popcorn.

Well, this bike has been there for three weeks, and a couple days.. so it isn't "selling like popcorn" for them.

How you gonna feel when you ride down the street, and pass some other biker on "your bike"

I feel like they've lost a customer and future customers from my referrals, friends, social networking. Also, they'll lose that huge profit from the servicing they would have from me.

Go in and have the dealer throw in your first service, and ride it home.

I'm not looking for any handouts. I have a set amount of money I'm able to use. Period. I can't do any better than that.

Are you going to be happier riding the bike, or watching your money in the bank.

The money isn't in the bank, it's a loan FROM the bank.

This winter, when you might be able to get a better deal on your Ultra, you will also get less for your current bike. Kinda works out that way.
Originally Posted by lp
I've had several dealers in SC quote me anywhere from 1000-1500 below MSRP with no setup or freight but never and I mean never have I heard of a dealer coming anywhere near "Invoice" on a Harley (doesn't mean it doesn't happen only that I've never heard of it).

You can get Invoice or Dealer Hold back prices on like GM vehicles when there are 60 cars on the lot but Harleys? These bikes are luxury items. Fall, Spring, Winter, Summer doesn't mean anything. They'll wait you out regardless... Someone else will pull up and be happy to pay MSRP. And with these being a new model. Might as well hold your breath. Gonna be awhile before real "deals" can be made. Like years...

I'd sell the Lo privately, get ya an extra grand out of it and go get you that 14. Call it a day.

lp
I'm, unfortunately, willing to pay way above the invoice. I mean, at first, trying to get half way from invoice to MSRP, and then coming out way beyond that, and BEYOND MSRP for goodness sake; and they STILL aren't willing to sell the bike going -$600 lol.

So while you're seeing something below MSRP, I'm confused as to why they won't sell it OVER MSRP otd.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:11 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

I would wait if I were you......just saying.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:32 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,140 Likes on 12,206 Posts

Originally Posted by bingram1
You're kidding right? I mean......it's just a bike. They'll keep making them. And I suspect, they will be even better after more development. As far as "best", it's the first year release of a questionable design. There are enough threads on "puking coolant" to confirm my skepticism on anything first year, let alone this bike in particular. Yes, there are other "improvements" on the 2014s that sound really worthwhile. But, I don't feel bad for anyone who has the common sense to say "No" to a weak deal and wait for the first year fever to die down.

And even if the 14 is the best bike ever, I can easily wait until the demand dies down ad they start dealing again. No way I would ever pay MSRP. And I give a rats *** about dealer profit. That said, I'm sure they would prosper even if they gave everyone a reasonable discount. The hard line they are taking is temporary.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:59 PM
rickb
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Base price is 23,200 for a black ultra. How did you think otd 22-23k???? That's a lot of $ for a dealer to eat. Think you going to be in for along wait if you are to get that otd piece like left over 14's in DEC 2015 lol. Be for real man.

Last edited by rickb; 10-12-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Came | | close to getting the 2014 Ultra today