Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chrome forks

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 02:41 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 652 Posts
Default chrome forks

i used this link to help me install the chrome fork sliders on my road king classic.. http://groups.msn.com/toddsharleypix...eforkswap.msnw
do not forget the allen tool...you will not be able to do it without the tool..you can cut a 6mm allen and place it into a socket if needed..i beleave it was a 1/4 socket...an impact wrench might have been good idea...
and to put NEW seals back on use a pvc pipe and your OLD seal as a base to tap them into the chrome sliders.
hope this helps.

Old 03-10-2007, 02:52 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 652 Posts
Default RE: chrome forks

here is a second link for more pictures.
http://www.hotrodsbikeworks.com/tech...ork_component/
****make sure you have the allen wrench BEFORE you start..make sure that it is HIGH quality...please consider an impact wrench....if not you may waste about 2 hours because the one allen screw on the clutch side of slider will get stripped and the allen will not grab and it is in the leg about 4 inches and the thing won't move and then you have to get the drill out to drill off the head on the dam allen screw...the leg will then come off and you can remove the 2 inch stud with pliers..at this point you will have a beer....i do not really know myself...but i guess this could happen?

Old 03-10-2007, 02:49 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to echo the above post. It is important to get the long 6mm and an impact wrench. I used a Craftsman 6mm, cut it off and used metalset to glue it in a 6mm socket. I figured it would be an investment in my time and it worked. I initially tried with a 6mm T handle and then a ratchet. Luckly I quit before stripping the head (unusual for me as I usually mess it up first).

Old 03-11-2007, 01:19 AM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

ORIGINAL: ...please consider an impact wrench....if not you may waste about 2 hours because the one allen screw on the clutch side of slider will get stripped and the allen will not grab and it is in the leg about 4 inches and the thing won't move and then you have to get the drill out to drill off the head on the dam allen screw...the leg will then come off and you can remove the 2 inch stud with pliers..at this point you will have a beer....i do not really know myself...but i guess this could happen?
Have you been watching me?