Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RCX Exhaust Not Making The Grade!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 06:56 AM
Kebo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry RCX Exhaust Not Making The Grade!!!

So I installed RCX exhaust last June, right after I got my Limited. All was good for about 5 months then I noticed the end where it connected to the head pipe was turning yellow. This was on the right side. I had stock head pipes (with CAT), fuel moto intake and PV tuned by Fuel Moto. Didn't worry about it too much as riding season was coming to an end. So in Feb. of this year called and got them replaced. In June noticed the same discoloration again. This time I have a full stage 1 including Fuel Moto head pipes. Called and had them replaced again. The support guy at RCX was very apologetic and said that they should not be turning colors like that. Well here it is October and they are turning again. So I will be calling to have them replaced yet AGAIN. I am not complaining about their customer service, they have been great at getting me a new pair at their cost of shipping both ways, but I would expect more out of their product. Not to mention the inconvenience of down time. Guess you get what you pay for. I bought them when they were being sold for $350 a set. Now they are close to $500 a set. That is the cost of Rinehart's. I really would be pissed at that price point.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Had mine for over a year. 110, with cams, VH Power duals, fuel tuner, and dyno'd.

Runs great, compliments on the sound all the time, and no yellowing at all.
And never any heat issues. I feel lucky, honestly.

Maybe it is your tune that is too hot?

My uncle has a 2013 RGU with same pipes as me, but no cams. He also has the lower fairings, I noticed his bike is HOT when I ride it. I have no heat issues ever.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:19 AM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine are holding up well, as said prior, I would question the tune of the bike.May be woth a phone call to Jamie at Fuel Moto.