Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart muffler question

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013 | 09:17 AM
tOSUSteve
Road Master

I have the 4" on my RGU & they look/sound awesome!!

Old 10-08-2013 | 09:44 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member

I've had both on two different 103 tour bikes. Only left the 3.5s on the bike for a couple weeks. Very annoying on long hauls particularly when twisting it up for hills. Didn't care for the sound. I have the 4" on my '13 Road King now. Much better sound and the 4" seem to work much better on the 103 motors than the 3.5s did.

Old 10-08-2013 | 02:48 PM
Rich67
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hellbilly78
I got the rinehart 4" and vance and hines power duals on my 2012 sg. I like em. They got a good deep rumble to them. There nice at cruisin speeds not over
Whelming you can hear the radio with no problem. They really come to life when you twist the wick wide open. Thinkin about puttin the 2.5" performance baffle in. Rich did you notice any performance difference when you switched?
I didn't notice any you might see it on a Dyno sheet but you'd never notice it in the seat of the pants. Eastern Performance is a good place to pick up the Rineharts also bout the best price I've found give em a call. As far as the 2.5" baffles I got them right from Rinehart

Old 10-08-2013 | 07:56 PM
hellbilly78
Tourer

Originally Posted by Rich67
I didn't notice any you might see it on a Dyno sheet but you'd never notice it in the seat of the pants. Eastern Performance is a good place to pick up the Rineharts also bout the best price I've found give em a call. As far as the 2.5" baffles I got them right from Rinehart
Cool thanks rich. As long as i dont lose seat of the pants power that was my main concern. Ive been thinkin abouy switchin the baffles but ive read some things about it here where people say they lose power thats what held me off on it but if you cant tell a difference thats all that matters to me. Did it make a considerable difference in the sound? I want louder but would like to keep a good sound to it. I may be tearing them apart this wintee anyways and sending to jet hot if rinehart wont replace them. Ive only had them for 1 1/4 riding season only got 10,000 miles on them and my right mufflers coating is comin off pretty bad. Its black by the way

Old 10-08-2013 | 08:55 PM
Deckman
Road Captain

I have the 3.5 with my new S&S power tune duals and fueling 543 cams. They are plenty loud with the 2.25 baffles. I also had them with true duals and they were even louder. I would like to try the 4" and see how they sound but running out of $.

Old 10-08-2013 | 09:43 PM
hellbilly78
Tourer

Originally Posted by Deckman
I have the 3.5 with my new S&S power tune duals and fueling 543 cams. They are plenty loud with the 2.25 baffles. I also had them with true duals and they were even louder. I would like to try the 4" and see how they sound but running out of $.
Dont get me wrong they sound good with the 2.25 baffles. I just want a louder sound at cruising speeds. They really come to life when im on the throttle good. I just want the extra sound when im not into it hard. And it soubds good from behind the bike i just want more sound out of it. Ive noticed more people tend to come over on me on the interstate with my sg then with my chopper but it has a 2 into 1 with no baffles so its pretty damn loud.. im usually a good judge at what moves people are gonna make but louder exhaust might help with this as well.

Old 10-08-2013 | 10:17 PM
Txn09
Advanced

http://m.ebay.com/itm/181233164744?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

This is what I bought last week and could not be happier also super fast shipping had them two days after the auction was over came in the rinehart white box just like coming from the factory

Old 10-08-2013 | 10:48 PM
tinmarine
Road Master

When I was ordering my exhaust they said they have seen problems with the 3.5"s not looking too good after putting some miles on the bike. They also said they haven't had any problems with the 4". I went with the extreme true duals and the 4" and can't say enough about them, I love them.

Old 10-09-2013 | 03:32 AM
djkolp
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Rich67
Eastern Performance is a good place to pick up the Rineharts also bout the best price I've found give em a call.
Eastern Performance has the Rinehart 4" chrome slip-ons w/black tips for $649, I just bought them from Fuel Moto for $534.

DJK

Old 10-09-2013 | 07:49 AM
EasternPC_Forum
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by djkolp
Eastern Performance has the Rinehart 4" chrome slip-ons w/black tips for $649, I just bought them from Fuel Moto for $534.

DJK
Rinehart has a map policy that require us to list certain items at retail pricing. Call in for the best pricing. I have rinehart 4" slip ons chrome with black tips or chrome with chrome tips starting at $494.95 in stock.

Quick Reply: Rinehart muffler question