Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sears Craftsman Motorcycle lift slide under yours?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Ben221
Road Warrior
Received 242 Likes on 157 Posts
Default Sears Craftsman Motorcycle lift slide under yours?

Sears had a nice sale this weekend and I got one of their lifts for $79. I have to say its heavy, well built and holds the bike well with little wobble. Keep in mind I am not trying to roll it around a lot so I know there are better lifts out there that cost a lot more but this one does the job fine for the price IMO.

The problem is that its lowest point is 5.125" when the lift is lowered and when my bike is on the jiffy stand the frame rail at the rear cross brace is at 5" so it does not slide under unless you stand it up and hold the bike with one hand and slide the lift with the other which is not too bad but not the best idea for one person.

Anyone mod one of these yet to get it a little lower by shaving the pads or lowering the wheels, or even getting a little shorter wheels? I don't need much room. I can always just put a 2x4 under the stand I guess but what is the fun in that.

Or is it unsafe to use the lift when its on its side to stand it up? I have seen vidoes of guys using the jack and the bike just kind of stands up on the lift when you raise it.

Thanks for any input you may have be it positive or negative.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:27 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,394 Likes on 5,513 Posts

Is that the Red one? The yellow Sears pro is the lowest jack/lift I have seen.
Used one for years.
It could get tricky if you have to hold the bike up then slide lift under it.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Roy D Route
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar situation with the Harbor Freight yellow jack and my Streetglide. I mounted a new set of Pirelli Night Dragons and their profile is tall enough that the jack rolls right under the bike now. And yes I use the jack to bring the bike up off the jiffy stand but always with one firm hand on the bike.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:31 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 637 Likes on 286 Posts

I have a chopper and it sits pretty low to the ground and that is the only way I can get most jacks under it. I get on the opposite side of the bike from the kick stand and pull it by the handle bars toeard me and slide the jack under at the same time. My HD on the other hand, I've never had any trouble getting a jack under it.

I think Sears makes several jacks, which one did you get??

Old 10-07-2013, 08:33 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by smitty901
Is that the Red one? The yellow Sears pro is the lowest jack/lift I have seen.
Used one for years.
It could get tricky if you have to hold the bike up then slide lift under it.
It must be the red one.

I don't know Top, I've gotten pretty good at doing that with my chopper.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:35 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Roy D Route
I had a similar situation with the Harbor Freight yellow jack and my Streetglide. I mounted a new set of Pirelli Night Dragons and their profile is tall enough that the jack rolls right under the bike now. And yes I use the jack to bring the bike up off the jiffy stand but always with one firm hand on the bike.
I found the Harbor Freight jack to be the lowest "rolling" motorcycle jack I could find. It is the only one I could find that would slide under my chopper.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:36 AM
scott01
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got the same lift and it works fine. Same here on not fitting under with bike on side stand but it's probably not a good idea to lift from that position anyway. I always slide under as far as possible on the right side then stand the bike up while holding the front brake, then slide under the rest of the way with my foot. You'll get used to it after you use it a few times. Don't forget to use the safety lock

Old 10-07-2013, 08:37 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

I have the same jack and the yellow one from Harbor Freight as well. When I had my 08 UC I had to do the same as you but with my 10 Limited, as long as the jack is lowered down completely, will slide right under the bike while resting on the jiffy stand without touching.

Last edited by SBates08; 10-07-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Ben221
Road Warrior
Received 242 Likes on 157 Posts

Yep, its the red one. I am going to try and mod it as it aint broke. Thanks for the input.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Dale_K
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My red one works on my 2010 RKC. I push it from the right and the jack fits under the frame rails while the bike is on the side stand. I just hold the handlebars and start jacking with my foot. No problems. The bike shifts to fully upright by the third pump. I use it this way all the time when I wash the bike. Makes it easy to clean the wheels & tires.

Quick Reply: Sears Craftsman Motorcycle lift slide under yours?