Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apes hangers which ones have the best wrist position?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013 | 05:25 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member

Too subjective a question, it's like asking who makes the best pizza or whose hotter Jessica Biel or Jessica Alba....you get the point.

The following users liked this post:
Boonlink (10-23-2022)
Old 10-07-2013 | 05:46 PM
Florida Swamp Yankee
Road Captain

Originally Posted by heavymetalthunder
I'm thinking about getting some 14" or 16" Apes hangers. I have problems with my wrist and need something with a wrist position where my wrist aren't bent in or out to much and are straight with my arms. I'm running the stock bars right now and am happy with them just wanting to raise mt hands up some. So which high bars have a neutral wrist position?
Trial and error with this one; very subjective to the individual style and body type. One bit of advice that I learned from a physical therapist after experiencing tendonitis in the shoulder; tweak the bars so that your biceps are doing most of the work, using the larger muscle group lessens the fatigue and you won't end up with Popeye arms. you might want to pick up some cheap rigid wrist supports that put your wrist in the neutral position when you are trying bars out, that way you will be absolutely certain there is no strain on the wrist and you can then determine the angle you really need to be at.

Old 10-07-2013 | 06:00 PM
xxzeus-34xx
Advanced

Originally Posted by heavymetalthunder
I'm thinking about getting some 14" or 16" Apes hangers. I have problems with my wrist and need something with a wrist position where my wrist aren't bent in or out to much and are straight with my arms. I'm running the stock bars right now and am happy with them just wanting to raise mt hands up some. So which high bars have a neutral wrist position?
Handlebars are subjective to a person's like and dislike. If you want to install a set of fully adjustable bars that can change with you over time, do it once and do it right. Take a look at Helibars. You can search for it. Not cheap but well worth it is you riding comfort changes with time.

Old 10-07-2013 | 06:15 PM
Hard_Luck
Advanced

Personally its hard to tell which is perfect for each other. I winged it and ordered 16 inch twin peaks and absolutely love them. I originally wanted 12s then said well ill go 14s and finally at the last min i went 16 and glad i did its perfect for me the angle of the grips is perfect for me as well. Most comfortable upgrade yet. I personally dont think you can go wrong with apes. BTW there is no sail like feeling even with 16s. Youll be glad you did it.

Old 07-14-2017 | 02:38 PM
B.Cole
Novice

Figure this could use a bump, things have changed and there are a few more options out there...

Has anybody seen bars which have nearly parallel grips compared to the clamps? I just picked up 16" Buffalo Apes from Drag Specialties. I feel like the wrist angle might be a little too tight, but in reality it's the same as stock so I'm going to give them several hundred miles before I say yay or nay.

I'm 6'4' 290 tall and wide...These bars are 16+1.5' riser and are 39" wide which leaves my hands 1" below shoulder height and in line with my shoulder width. So any wrist angle is really not needed.

What is the lowest wrist angle bars you've found?

The following users liked this post:
oldbie (10-05-2017)