Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where's your FOB?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 08:47 AM
slasher
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GrumpyBear
In my pocket. BTW I wonder just how many people with bikes equipped with this system just thought to themselves, "There is a code?" That kind of defeats the whole security system thing.
Clipped on wallet chain as well.Spare fob in saddlebag, but with battery installed upside down(no signal) , just in case. Carry spare batteries as well.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:02 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

I swallowed mine so its always on me when I ride. Changing the battery is a bitch!

Sent from my XT907 using IB AutoGroup

Old 10-06-2013, 09:04 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by slasher
Clipped on wallet chain as well.Spare fob in saddlebag, but with battery installed upside down(no signal) , just in case. Carry spare batteries as well.
That's not a horrible idea... until someone breaks into the saddle bag, and as a bonus, gets the bike

I reckon nobody would think to open the case if the fob didn't work.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
I swallowed mine so its always on me when I ride. Changing the battery is a bitch!

Sent from my XT907 using IB AutoGroup
Add some Epsom salts to your tool bag, a table spoon in a bottle of water, mix well and drink it all, in about 10 minutes you'll have your fob back...might want to carry some rubber gloves and Clorox wipes as well...

Old 10-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Drilln'Boss
Club Member
Veteran: Army
Received 7,882 Likes on 2,269 Posts

My fob and key in my front pocket, my wallet in rear pocket and my pager on my belt. All chained to the metal loop on my DG Defenders. I hate losing ****.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:45 AM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 241 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Sometimes we think things to death ... It's a security device, right? On the road with Ol' Gal she's got one and I've got one clipped on the belt ... Out on my own the second one is always on the dresser and the code ( yes there is a code to defeat the system. If you haven't changed the code to your own number you're asking for trouble.) is tattooed inside my left eyelid. What could be simpler?
What if you get poked in the eye? I set my alarm one time on my '03 and it took me over an hour to turn it off. I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. I never used it again , just put the fob in a drawer and forgot about it. Besides all it did was blink the lights. Anyone think that's enough to scare off a thief?

Old 10-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

As foolish as it sounds, I leave it in my saddle bag unless I leave on a road trip out of VT, then it goes in my pocket when I stop out of state. Otherwise I always seem to forget it. The bike will start in the garage because the fob is fairly close by, but then I stop for gas and end up with that "Oh Sh-t moment!" and screwing around for 15 minutes entering my pass code.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:36 AM
kirbyblue
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many of you walk by a group of bikes parked outside the Waffle House and think, I can steal one of these bikes. I just happen to have this screw driver with me I can break into some saddle bags.
Maybe I travel to different places than most. Even though in the last 12 years somebody did steal my nasty, smelly, helmet covered with stickers and 12 years of road grime in my home town.
if I had a fob, I would carry it in a custom holster on my belt

Last edited by kirbyblue; 10-06-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:42 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by big cahuna
Besides all it did was blink the lights.
....that and disable the ignition.

And for 7 bucks, you can add a siren.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:55 AM
ch54
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine is clipped to a belt loop along with the key. The second one stays home unless I'm going more than a tankful of gas from the house. I also have the Vtwin app on my phone so I can remember how to do the security code. I put the gas cap cover on the bike so that I can lock it or not. Usually it's unlocked unless I'm in a motel.

I may try turning the battery over in the second fob.

Quick Reply: Where's your FOB?