Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where's your FOB?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 07:17 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by geezer glide 56
But most people don't bother with it.
and those are the people that wind up looking for their bikes when they're ready to leave their favorite establishment...

takes 5 minutes to change your security code to something you'll remember. I've been riding bikes with this feature for a while and almost inevitably when you're not expecting something to happen is when it does. Last incident was Sturgis; riding through the needles, traffic was so heavy bike was going into limp mode constantly. So 3 or 4 times I shut it down while waiting our turn to get through the tunnels. Low and behold guess what decided to take a crap on me.. the battery in my FOB. With hundreds of bikes behind me, I would have been very embarrased to have to remain parked because I didn't know how to start my bike without the FOB. Get to BH Harley parts counter to find they had 1 left in stock that I paid $13 for. A 2032 battery which can be bought at Wally world, CVS, Walgreens etc for $1.95.. now I carry spares. cheap insurance.

Old 10-09-2013, 07:18 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by VTL nut
The MoCo will happily sell you one....
free from HD website. go there, register if you haven't, enter your VIN, and whala! An owners manual...

Old 10-09-2013, 09:25 AM
Deer_Predator
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
free from HD website. go there, register if you haven't, enter your VIN, and whala! An owners manual...
Sweet... Thanks.. Worked like a charm!!

Old 10-09-2013, 09:53 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

There is a card that comes with HD's when you purchase. I think its in the back of the manual or security book and is called the HD Security System & Owners Record. Has the PIN procedure, VIN #, Pin code, FOB operation & transport mode instructions. Fits in any wallet. Priceless

Last edited by golfblues; 10-09-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:00 AM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
There is a card that comes with HD's when you purchase. I think its in the back of the manual and is called the HD Security System & Owners Record. Has the PIN procedure, VIN #, Pin code, FOB operation & transport mode instructions. Fits in any wallet. Priceless

Old 10-09-2013, 11:55 AM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,715 Likes on 1,372 Posts

For my '10 touring bike, Don't touch bike or sit on seat, make sure Kill switch is off, move ignition switch to "Accessory", push both directional buttons. When security lamp flashes; enter your 1st number by pressing left turn button your 1st number of times, set by pressing right once, then left for second number, etc.

Security lamps stops flashing, start engine, go for long ride glad you remembered this trick.

I think to read code, you just push both turn buttons at the same time with fob on hand, but it was so long ago I'd probably have to go find the book.

I do know that most, if not all bikes from my dealer use the same code, or they used to. This allows mechanics and salesmen to start bikes without fobs. I started a friends new Road Glide Ultra when he bet I couldn't. Then I showed him how to change code, then I put the new code in for him so I could still steal his bike, if only I could remember his wife's birthday.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:13 PM
HDogg
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Since I don't carry my wallet in my pocket and I just didn't know what to hook the chain thingy,I hooled the fob to it and carry in my back pocket.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Scaredofrain
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

On the end of a retractable key cord which is clipped to the inside of my bike trouser pocket.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by son of the hounds
For my '10 touring bike, Don't touch bike or sit on seat, make sure Kill switch is off, move ignition switch to "Accessory", push both directional buttons. When security lamp flashes; enter your 1st number by pressing left turn button your 1st number of times, set by pressing right once, then left for second number, etc.

Security lamps stops flashing, start engine, go for long ride glad you remembered this trick.

I think to read code, you just push both turn buttons at the same time with fob on hand, but it was so long ago I'd probably have to go find the book.

All that wont work, unless it's in neutral.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:52 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Pete6114
All that wont work, unless it's in neutral.
LOL.. now that's classic and a VERY good point!

Quick Reply: Where's your FOB?