Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Klock Werks level or slicer front fender?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Nilla
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Klock Werks level or slicer front fender?

Man I am having one hell of a time trying to decide which fender to put over my new 18" on my RK. I'm going with KW for sure because of all the positive reviews and reasonable cost, but those two models have me going back and forth. At first I was sold on the slicer, but I do somewhat like the lines of the level a little bit better. I think it retains more of the touring look, but without being as big and bulky as the stock piece.

Oe of the things giving me pause is that the bike is vivid black and I'm wondering if the slimmer-lined slicer will disappear against the 18" wheel/tire combo? On a 21" wheel I like that look for sure, but I think it may look a little too much like an afterthought on an 18" where more of the tire is visible. I like the level for that reason, my only issue there is it almost seems too close to stock in the pics I've seen. With $250 into the fender plus mounting brackets and paint, I definitely don't want something that looks like a stock fender.

I've researched pics online, but most are with a 21" front. If anyone has pics of either fender with an 18 I'd love to see it. I know this is just a personal choice thing but I'd love to hear any other opinions.

Old 10-05-2013, 11:55 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 397 Likes on 339 Posts

to my eye, the factor in fender choice is radius and how it sits on the wheel.

our wheels, no matter the size have 3 arcs from the rotor, the wheel rim and the tire.

a fender should match the arcs, otherwise it can look squished.

nothing looks worse, to my eye, than a stock fender dropped down on the tire as the arc on the top side of the fender doesn;t match the other 3 arcs, and the straight line on the bottom of the fender intersects the arcs unevenly.

so that means that the Slicer has to be spaced correctly for the radius- the technical concern is does the tire have room to "grow"- correct clearance, with out the fender floating above the tire...and the straight portion needs to be exactly horizontal.
same with the Level, the straight portion needs to be horizontal- but then how does the straight portion intersect the 3 arcs.

take your time and do look at pics.

I betcha Klock gets many photos sent in by owners some of which might fit your needs.

try to avoid "flavor of the month" looks.
all the guys who painted their frames peach with neon scallops painted on the tank regret that now.

mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 10-05-2013 at 12:36 PM.