Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alloy Art Fairing Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 01:52 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Alloy Art Fairing Bracket

I've noticed more shaking than usual from my fairing lately so I removed the outer portion for an inspection of the brackets. I've replaced the smaller horizontal brackets several times but have simply repaired the one vertical bracket that has broken so far. In this case the right side broke in the middle and like before on the left side I bolted on a brace as a fix. This seems to be fine for the time being and my fixes have lasted for years in the past, none failing yet, but I'm thinking maybe I'll just replace both vertical brackets this time around. I have two questions:

1. Has anyone tried the Alloy-Art "Strong Arm" brackets? EPC is selling these on Ebay and since they are a reliable seller I'm thinking the part is good quality. I would lean toward this option instead a Harley bracket since the latter has a history of failure. OTOH, the part was changed a few years ago (58478-96B and 58476-96B) and I haven't heard any reports of these new ones failing. The Alloy-Art costs about the same as the stockers.

2. How does the vertical bracket attach on an SG? Do you remove one of the bolts to the turn signal bracket? The service manual doesn't really say and the parts manual doesn't show how it attaches at the bottom. I assume there is the top bolt, two at the radio, a middle, and a lower bolt. If anyone has replaced these on an SG I'd appreciate some tips.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:06 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

I guess nobody has installed the AA bracket. OTOH, I know someone has replaced a vertical fairing bracket, as they break frequently. Can anyone help with info on where the bracket bolts at the bottom? Is it the bottom turn-signal bolt?

Old 10-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

From what I remember when I did my bars, the brackets attach to both bolt holes on the triple trees. the upper hole bolts onto the upper tree and the lower hole bolts onto the lower tree. So you would have to remove the entire light assembly (as I did when I changed bars). If you look at this video at 1bout 1:50 you can see there is no light bar and thers is only the top bolt.

Hope that helps some.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:19 AM
ironhead3fan
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking to purchase these brackets. How have they worked out for you?