Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Security, what if you...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 03:20 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 07 Security, what if you...

My 07 has the security system, its very quick to arm. Even before you can get off the bike its chirped and set. I thought it would go off if it was seperated from the key fob by whatever distance the book says. I keep my key close in my garage BUT the other day,I started the bike and went for a ride and forgot to put the fob in my pocket. Did about 15 miles testing some new PCIII settings and returned, no problem. My question, what if I had stopped and turned off the bike[sm=exactly.gif]I would have been screwed! Im guessing it would not have re-started with the key fob at home, anybody done this? Im thinking now about leaving the extra fob in the saddle bag just in case, but then the security is no good. Any thoughts?

Old 03-09-2007, 03:23 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 07 Security, what if you...

That would suck. I hate things that happen automatically. Can you change the automatic arm feature?

Old 03-09-2007, 03:27 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: FLHT

That would suck. I hate things that happen automatically. Can you change the automatic arm feature?
Dont think so, since there is no buttons on the fob I liked my older system better, get off hit button, arm system. Couldn't arm it if you left fob somewhere else.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Madav8tr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a way to disarm it using the turn signal buttons on the handlebar but I haven't bothered to try it yet. I think it's the book. Set the code and then using a combination on presses on the buttons you can disarm it. I need to set my code since I always worry about being on a trip and losing(or someone stealing) my keys and fob.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:25 PM
alexcue
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's why i went to chained keyfob. I also never leave with out the pager on me. If nothing else, the light on the pager helps finding the key lock at night.

You are getting great range on your keyfob. When i bought the bike they were showing me how it works and the guy was not more than 5 ft from the front of the bike, and it wouldn't start and actually flashed (didn't have siren yet).

Forgot to add: i also carry a spare battery in the tourpak, don't want the thing dying on me on the road.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:32 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

No great range, I started bike next to where fob was, mine is like your about 4-5 feet. I know the book says you can disarm with turn buttons, but I didnt have it either, guess I need memory pills.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:00 PM
fxlowboy
Tourer

How many fob you have with a 2007 security system???.I only receive 1 fob with the new bike.My friend just receive is new bike and he got 2 fob.I call the dealer back and he said only 1 fob come with the security system.You have to pay to get a second one

Old 03-09-2007, 06:29 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: fxlowboy

How many fob you have with a 2007 security system???.I only receive 1 fob with the new bike.My friend just receive is new bike and he got 2 fob.I call the dealer back and he said only 1 fob come with the security system.You have to pay to get a second one
Your dealer is full of sh**. The '07 security system comes with two fobs.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:31 PM
HOOSIER
Intermediate

I got 2 fobs' with my 2007 with no extra cost.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:32 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

My 07 has the security system, its very quick to arm. Even before you can get off the bike its chirped and set. I thought it would go off if it was seperated from the key fob by whatever distance the book says. I keep my key close in my garage BUT the other day,I started the bike and went for a ride and forgot to put the fob in my pocket. Did about 15 miles testing some new PCIII settings and returned, no problem. My question, what if I had stopped and turned off the bike[sm=exactly.gif]I would have been screwed! Im guessing it would not have re-started with the key fob at home, anybody done this? Im thinking now about leaving the extra fob in the saddle bag just in case, but then the security is no good. Any thoughts?
You need to get familiar with using the manual disarm feature of the security system. Basically, you assign a PIN to the system using your left/right blinker switches. It's well documented in the manual and once you've got the PIN set, practice disarming the system a couple of times. Trust me, at some point you'll be glad you did. (Don't ask me how I know.) [sm=headbang.gif]

Quick Reply: 07 Security, what if you...