Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New hammock seat, 2014 limited

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 07:53 AM
rvnkontum
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New hammock seat, 2014 limited

Anybody have one of these yet? Says not compatible with adjustable backrests. Is that really true? Looks like there"s an opening in the middle of the seat to accommodate a backrest, and I can't really ride without one, any way around this that doesn't include getting a seat other than the Hammock?

Old 10-02-2013, 07:58 AM
digdug
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe they make a backrest for that seat but it's just not adjustable. I have the Tallboy seat and it says the same thing--can't use an adjustable backrest. I either asked the dealer or read it on here that the non adjustable one will work.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:08 AM
rvnkontum
Tourer

Originally Posted by digdug
I believe they make a backrest for that seat but it's just not adjustable. I have the Tallboy seat and it says the same thing--can't use an adjustable backrest. I either asked the dealer or read it on here that the non adjustable one will work.
I had the gas operated backrest installed on the bike, would like like to be able to use what I paid for. I have the Hammock from my 2010 on the bike now, not perfect fit with the backrest, but better than nothing.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:13 PM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a Hammock on my '14 and the backrest from my '10 fits. It's not a perfect fit as the base for the backrest sits back further than the '14 seat. By turning the set screw all the way in, it's about the same as the '10.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:43 PM
TNCarters
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a Hammock on a 2011 Ultra with the adjustable backrest. It does not fit in stock form but is a really easy mod and does not prevent the backrest from being mounted normally later. Drill a couple of new rear mounting holes about an inch in front of the original backrest mounting holes. Then take a small bar plate about 1 inch wide x 2 inches long with two holes in it and mount it between the front mounting hole and the frame mount angle hole location. This change moves the backrest back an inch to fit the further back slot location in the seat. I've also heard the CVO Ultra backrest will fit. Hard to see in the linked photo with black bike. This is on a 2011 frame and assuming mounting locations on 2014 are the same.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...0327-00010.jpg

Last edited by TNCarters; 10-02-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:34 PM
vegashd
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rvnkontum
I had the gas operated backrest installed on the bike, would like like to be able to use what I paid for. I have the Hammock from my 2010 on the bike now, not perfect fit with the backrest, but better than nothing.
i hope your not upset that it is not to be used on the 2014... you paid for it for your old bike... not the new one.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:44 PM
baldridge
Intermediate

It will work with the stationary backrest. But the seat isn't much better than stock. I returned mine....

Old 10-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rvnkontum
Anybody have one of these yet? Says not compatible with adjustable backrests. Is that really true? Looks like there"s an opening in the middle of the seat to accommodate a backrest, and I can't really ride without one, any way around this that doesn't include getting a seat other than the Hammock?

Along the lines of what TNCarter said, it can be done, but requires some fab work.

This thread is about a Tallboy seat on a 2012 Limited, so the dimensions might be a little off from what you need, but you'll get the idea anyway.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...with-pics.html

Old 10-02-2013, 03:53 PM
rvnkontum
Tourer

Originally Posted by baldridge
It will work with the stationary backrest. But the seat isn't much better than stock. I returned mine....
Good to know, Thanks!

Old 10-02-2013, 04:16 PM
HJP
Cruiser

Is the seat on your 2014 a 2014? See they have a new on listed for the 2014 models

Quick Reply: New hammock seat, 2014 limited