Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

one of the best Harley ads ever made!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007 | 02:23 PM
nightglide
|
Road Master
Default RE: one of the best Harley ads ever made!

ORIGINAL: v2in

Looked like the Gieco comercial.
Thats what I thought it was when it first started.

Old 03-12-2007 | 08:19 PM
Splatter
Road Master

ORIGINAL: JeffSG
But why do they even need to make commercials? Sales slowing? Never even saw a moco commercial until a couple years ago.
There are different classes of advertisement. This one is not for direct sales but is a "lifestyle" ad. It makes people who are on the edge decide to buya Harley so they can be part of the lifestyle. It also makes people who have already bought a Harley feel good that they made the right choice. I don't mean to detract from the ad -- it's a cool ad -- but since I havesome background in this area, when I see it I'm thinking of all the team that put the ad together, from the graphic artist who drew every scene (and probably 100 that didn't make it) on little cards to make the story board to the camera crews who had to ride alongside the bikes to the cops on paid detail who made sure that no unwanted traffic got in the scene. It makes me smile when I hear the guys who were standing in a recording studio doing the voice-over talk about "We believe in sticking it to The Man down here." They ARE The Man, maaan....

Old 03-17-2007 | 01:08 AM
nightglide
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Splatter

ORIGINAL: JeffSG
But why do they even need to make commercials? Sales slowing? Never even saw a moco commercial until a couple years ago.
There are different classes of advertisement. This one is not for direct sales but is a "lifestyle" ad. It makes people who are on the edge decide to buya Harley so they can be part of the lifestyle. It also makes people who have already bought a Harley feel good that they made the right choice. I don't mean to detract from the ad -- it's a cool ad -- but since I havesome background in this area, when I see it I'm thinking of all the team that put the ad together, from the graphic artist who drew every scene (and probably 100 that didn't make it) on little cards to make the story board to the camera crews who had to ride alongside the bikes to the cops on paid detail who made sure that no unwanted traffic got in the scene. It makes me smile when I hear the guys who were standing in a recording studio doing the voice-over talk about "We believe in sticking it to The Man down here." They ARE The Man, maaan....
It would of been cool to watch it made or of been in it...