Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CB Module on the 4.3 Boom Audio Radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 01:06 PM
hwy17v
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB Module on the 4.3 Boom Audio Radio

I asked this question on the tech forum, and could not get an absolute answer. So . . . .

Has anyone added the CB module to the new 4.3 model radio? I have a 2014 Street Glide and would like to add CB capability to it. The dealership is not sure if it would work- they recommended I upgrade to the 6.5 model radio and add the CB module (about $2400 all totaled). I already added the headset plug which works great - hands-free phone operations with my Bluetooth enabled phone. But I really want CB capability too. If anyone has already done this (or tried to), I'd appreciate your wisdom.

Lenae
2014 Street Glide

Old 10-01-2013, 01:21 PM
rmfischer
Cruiser
Old 10-01-2013, 01:29 PM
hwy17v
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rmfischer

I'll have to show this to the techs at the dealership. It sure does look like it will work!

Thanks,

Lenae

Old 10-01-2013, 04:08 PM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain

That's funny, my dealer told me I couldn't even add it to my 6.5 on my SGS. Can someone point me to a reference showing it can be added? I would like to educate my dealer.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:36 PM
rmc115
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Be advised, handheld mic's don't work on 14's in case you don't wear a helmet. Mike

Old 10-01-2013, 10:09 PM
hwy17v
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rmc115
Be advised, handheld mic's don't work on 14's in case you don't wear a helmet. Mike
No worries, I'm one who always wears a helmet.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:25 PM
rmfischer
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SoZoomMe
That's funny, my dealer told me I couldn't even add it to my 6.5 on my SGS. Can someone point me to a reference showing it can be added? I would like to educate my dealer.
Does your dealer give you a reason as to why it can't be added? If he tells you it cant be added because there is no room above the radio to mount it that's ok because they mount on the side now. They basically go behind the panel on the left of the radio that doesn't open. The radio definetly can have the cb added and from what I have been told all the bikes have the wiring in the controls on the handlebars, It just needs the switch added as well as the connections for the mic.

http://boombox.harley-davidson.com/premium.html#
heres a link for info on the premium systems

Old 10-02-2013, 03:56 AM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by rmfischer
Does your dealer give you a reason as to why it can't be added? If he tells you it cant be added because there is no room above the radio to mount it that's ok because they mount on the side now. They basically go behind the panel on the left of the radio that doesn't open. The radio definetly can have the cb added and from what I have been told all the bikes have the wiring in the controls on the handlebars, It just needs the switch added as well as the connections for the mic.

http://boombox.harley-davidson.com/premium.html#
heres a link for info on the premium systems
Thanks!!

Old 10-02-2013, 04:24 AM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by SoZoomMe
Same here. Dealer even called the MoCo tech line while I was standing there. He was told there is too much harness missing to work. I'd like I hear from someone that did it.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:24 AM
rmfischer
Cruiser

I have a friend that just bought a Street Glide and is having the 6.5 installed and the CB. She is waiting for the radio and parts to come in so its not done yet and I guess they could be come back and say it cant be done but the dealer was pretty sure about it. Too bad this post didn't get started last week before I had her fairing open, I could have looked to see what the wiring looked like. I will ask her if she has a parts list of what they needed maybe there is an adapter that is needed. I know they had adapters for the old systems.

Quick Reply: CB Module on the 4.3 Boom Audio Radio