Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay exteneded bags/fender opinions ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 01:58 PM
dirtymax02
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay exteneded bags/fender opinions ?

Okay so im getting ready to do an 09 street glide build. I bought a wrecked 09 FLHT electraglide that needed a bunch of replacement parts anyways. Im looking into a set of stretched bags and a stretched rear fender. I looked on ebay and found some fiberglass ones for a pretty decent price. Does anyone have any experience with these? They look to be decent quality. I know there nothing like the $2k ones but im on a budget also. I have read that they take a lot of preparation for paint but this doesn't bother me as i do my own body work and painting anyways. Is there anything else that i need to watch out for? Also does anyone have any ideas on where i could get nice flush mount LED taillights to incorporate into the bags? Thanks Boys!

Old 09-30-2013, 04:01 PM
dirtymax02
Intermediate

Someone out there must have these bags

Old 09-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

It would be helpful to see what you're talking about. How about a link?

Old 09-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Houston_t
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Depends on which vendor they are from, one of the guys on there isn't even in America not sure of his quality but I would shy away from that. Got mines from Andy at the fairing factory found him on eBay, his quality is good and so are his prices and he's located in Illinois I believe, he's great to work with. Also he sells the clear rear fender which I would recommend if you plan on doing flush lights that way you don't have to cut and bond anything just have a stencil made. For lights check out custom dynamics or baddad, I made my own but for the time, effort and parts wasted I will just buy them pre made next time around.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:27 PM
jsims002
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Houston_t
Depends on which vendor they are from, one of the guys on there isn't even in America not sure of his quality but I would shy away from that. Got mines from Andy at the fairing factory found him on eBay, his quality is good and so are his prices and he's located in Illinois I believe, he's great to work with. Also he sells the clear rear fender which I would recommend if you plan on doing flush lights that way you don't have to cut and bond anything just have a stencil made. For lights check out custom dynamics or baddad, I made my own but for the time, effort and parts wasted I will just buy them pre made next time around.
Ditto on Fairing Factory. I got mine from a seller on eBay, 5" stretch angled on the bottom, lids and latch set for $575 shipped. Mine are ABS which I was under the impression that they are more durable than fiberglass, maybe not, just what research led me to believe. I did plasma rods for run, brake, turn so it appears there are no lights on the back unless switched on.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:40 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

5" extended bags from Fairing Factory. Used the stock lids. Fender cover from Gator boxes. Need to be painted. Under a grand shipped.

Attached Thumbnails Ebay exteneded bags/fender opinions ?-jims-bike3.jpg  
Old 09-30-2013, 08:00 PM
dirtymax02
Intermediate

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=161118256744

These are the ones I was looking at. Something like that. I will have to check out fairing factory. Thanks guys. Any more advice?

Old 09-30-2013, 08:13 PM
06SGWA
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I used Mutazu.com extensions for my bags but did get my fender on eBay for $140 shipped. If you are cool with some prep work there is no need to buy perfect, paint ready glass. CustomDynamics.com sells a sweet light called the plasma rod. I went with a run turn brake module from BaggerBarn.com and some LED strips mounted to a piece of quarter round as a cheap way around... If I can ever see the plasma rods in person and see how bright they are, I may buy them because they look badass.

Last edited by 06SGWA; 09-30-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:42 PM
dirtymax02
Intermediate

Thanks guys. Im checking out all these options. Those plasma rods are SWEET!

Old 10-01-2013, 02:28 PM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

subscribed

Quick Reply: Ebay exteneded bags/fender opinions ?