Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V-Twin Reference App a must carry on the road.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013 | 10:49 AM
whyrzwaldo
Tourer

Hmmm I've had it on my phone for a while now. maybe I should have looked in the play store before I responded. But yes when I look for it now I'm not finding it anymore. Hopefully it will be back soon. I did find a reference to it here if this download is still active

http://www.appszoom.com/android_appl...nce_bphrf.html.

It's by Hillside apps:

http://www.appszoom.com/android_deve...pps_bphre.html

Old 09-30-2013 | 12:30 PM
threeten
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bait56
The app has been pulled.
I wrote V Twin Reference and I recently took it off the Market.

I have not updated it in nearly a year, and a lot has changed in that time. It is too much work for me right now - I put hundreds of hours into it, and I'm not able to do that anymore. In addition, I am limited by my own ability to program.

Thanks for all of the support from the forums, I'm glad that many of you found it useful.

Old 09-30-2013 | 01:42 PM
nevets61
Road Master

Originally Posted by threeten

I have not updated it in nearly a year, and a lot has changed in that time. It is too much work for me right now - I put hundreds of hours into it, and I'm not able to do that anymore. In addition, I am limited by my own ability to program.

Thanks for all of the support from the forums, I'm glad that many of you found it useful.
Sorry you took it off the market. Was a fantastic tool. Anyway to put it back and make it more generic? Maybe just the security PIN tools, I can see where keeping it current with changing capacities, and troubleshooting is a chore, but I sure enjoyed knowing the security PIN info was always at my fingertips..

Old 09-30-2013 | 01:58 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

opps
Oh well

Old 09-30-2013 | 02:43 PM
Cowboy Orange
6th Gear

Sounds like a great app. Sorry I missed it.

Old 09-30-2013 | 03:50 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by threeten

Sorry to hear that. I love the app and still use it alot for codes and some of the other useful items that are in it.

THANKS for taking the time you did before the get it where it is. Even outdated it is very useful!!

Old 09-30-2013 | 04:32 PM
glide2meetu
Road Warrior

Doesnt clearing the codes give you back your throttle? When it happens to mine I clear the codes and I am good to go.. trouble shooting the problem this winter as it does not happen to often..

Old 09-30-2013 | 04:40 PM
sat4314
Road Captain
Default V Twin

I have had it on my Droid Galaxy S3 for over a year. Nice app. It was not available on the Apple store for Iphones.

Old 09-30-2013 | 06:04 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by glide2meetu
Doesnt clearing the codes give you back your throttle? When it happens to mine I clear the codes and I am good to go.. trouble shooting the problem this winter as it does not happen to often..
NOT ALWAYS! I had to clear codes three times on a 900 mile run home on a Sunday, no options to wait for a dealer. The first two times no problem clearing the codes. The third time I was lucky that I had my PowerVision with me and was able to clear the codes from the computer itself, not from the speedo. If I had not been able to do that I would have had to lose a day (or more) of work and spent money out of pocket on the hotel and food costs.

Old 09-30-2013 | 06:09 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

I know this is an ongoing issue but have any of you tried cleaning the pins with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol and then a good coating of dielectric grease?

Quick Reply: V-Twin Reference App a must carry on the road.